Author Topic: Shed & Buried Ashimoto Style  (Read 3316 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Shed & Buried Ashimoto Style
« on: December 03, 2016, 04:16:05 PM »
Pulled these from delapidated sheds yesterday 'darn sarf'  before council clearance move in Monday to remove remains of bomber CB450 CB72 & another 250 G5, bomber engines galore etc etc. that I sadly left behind as I only had a very limited time and space.

The CX has done a minuscule mileage of 305 miles and the G5 less than 2K. Bomber left outside but faired better than shed stuff ...just took  the tank seat and headlamp /clocks off another 15k miler bomber rotting in the sheds. Also got 2 off 1969 x CB250K0's  4k and 6k milers ,  which was my main reason for  buying all of the stuff .... one in bits but stored in a garage . Also got Bomber engine, CB72 engine plus loads of bomber CB450K0/CB72/77 frames etc etc (some had been garage stored) . So sad about that CX  ..... I have original bill of sale and V5, handbook, shop manual etc plus a host of old style log books for some of the frames & CB250's

So sad to see this and so short a window of opportunity to grab it all before the clearance gang come in,  Monday I imagine .  Wish I could have met the old chap in his 80's who collected all of these Honda's. He must have been a big Black Bomber fan .. there were at least two more engines rotting in the shed and two more in a 'coal-house' type outer building ...all of which I left.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:18:57 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Shed & Buried Ashimoto Style
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
I reckon you'll have them all up and running, and M.O.T'd and on the road by Xmas! Nice stash to find though Ash, reckon you'll break them or try sorting some of them for resto?
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »
I reckon you'll have them all up and running, and M.O.T'd and on the road by Xmas! Nice stash to find though Ash, reckon you'll break them or try sorting some of them for resto?

Not sure yet .. had to pay a  'reasonable amount' when you factor in a 480 mile trip twice plus time off etc. I was mainly after the CB250K0 bike/parts I got the week before from a lockup  garage. I got a nice CB72 engine but no frame so I asked if the seller if he  had a frame.. He said there was an odd frame or two back in the garden of the house.. opened the gate and fook me there was stuff all over the place ..including a 4.5 k mile CB250K0 left outside which had faired a bit better than the shed stuff

Here's what I left but a nabbed the Bomber  tank and clocks/headlamp off the rotting bomber at the 11th hour plus I had already had the seat off it before the pic was taken.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
Hi Ash,
If you decide to part with the CX, please give me a PM, I can hide it in my cousins shed on Anlaby high road.

All the best,
Ian

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »
Did the CB450's still have the tool kits in the nice leather roll case ?

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 08:14:41 PM »
Hi ash don't suppose any of the cb72's were reg 512 pf. ..
My dad's old bike...

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »

Not sure mate ...lugging that b*stard out of a rotted shed with the floor disintegrated to nothing 250 miles away  from me proved a long day .. plus we were on a tight deadline to get it out of there. It's still in the van buried by other parts i got ... Where was the toolkit located on the CX Graham?

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Blimey,  that geezer's a right Steptoe.  To let bikes deteriorate to that extent is criminal.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 08:40:02 PM »
Blimey,  that geezer's a right Steptoe.  To let bikes deteriorate to that extent is criminal.

He was evidently one of the nicest guys you could meet on all accounts .. He was in his '80s when he passed away recently ... It can happen to all of us ..old age gets the better of your or depression sets in etc... It certainly is a sobering thought. I liken it to the members dad on here who's dad left a lot of bikes and parts in the 'Surrey Garden' that DS bought....another lovely old guy on all accounts.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »
Fairy nuff. 
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »

Not sure mate ...lugging that b*stard out of a rotted shed with the floor disintegrated to nothing 250 miles away  from me proved a long day .. plus we were on a tight deadline to get it out of there. It's still in the van buried by other parts i got ... Where was the toolkit located on the CX Graham?

The CX tool kit is under the seat at the rear in the tail light but, I ask about the CB450 tool kit not the CX mate.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 10:15:53 PM »

The CX tool kit is under the seat at the rear in the tail light but, I ask about the CB450 tool kit not the CX mate.

Hmm very much doubt it Graham.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 09:33:20 AM »
People keep telling me that I should have got the other stuff but it was literally an 11th hour deal and my major concern was for the poor guy selling it ... his dad passed away less than a month ago .. it was a delicate situation and him and his dad (from people who knew him) are (were) lovely guys. You could see it was very traumatic for him and I really felt for him.... This  could happen to any of us in later life God forbid.. Certainly focus's the mind ... Why do we collect so many bikes ?... I have said it before on here it's bloody disease .. no point in denying it ....Ask UK Pete ..... I am becoming an obsessive hoarder myself .. my plan is to sell some stuff and pay for pro's to gee my projects up a bit in 2017 ... and I  will admit now ...Which I  suspect you all knew anyway .... I don't see myself ever riding my 750K0... My passion is for my smaller bikes.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:42:49 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 09:46:14 AM »
I've been to quite a few funerals recently, most of them hoarders of some sort - we do seem to attract each other - and the message came over loud and clear that it can be very traumatic for those left behind having to dispose of all this stuff.  Like many of us on here, I have too many toys, so why I am I even asking you, Ash to consider me if you are letting the CX go? - yes, a definite disease (anoraknophobia?)
Ian

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »
nice one ash, more treasure, does cathy know ,lol
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal