Author Topic: Summer 2017 Get Together  (Read 4304 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
Summer 2017 Get Together
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »
Hi All
I am interested in organising a Summer 17 get together. I am thinking around a week end ride out with with a Sat night stay over somewhere and a few beers/discussions around carbs/pistons/whatever floats your boat.

I am happy to act as organiser/room booker whatever.

Currently am thinking about maybe Wales North or Mid (some good bike roads) but am open to suggestions depending on where people are located.

Let me know if anyone is interested either by PM or reply to this post
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Summer 2017 Get Together
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:26 AM »
I am up for it,

I love mid/north wales, I may be doing the Welsh Rally on the 6th May,starting in Welshpool,

also there is the "do" on the 2nd july,

the Classic TT ,at the end of august,

lets see whats happening
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »
Count me in.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline flatfour

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
I'll do my best to attend. So far, only May is difficult with holidays etc. but other times should be fine for me.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
North Wales would be nice. Would let some of us "Poor Northeners" attend. Can I bring the flat cap and Wippets please.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:37:06 PM »
Hi, thanks for taking the initiative and starting this. I'm very interested in a run where I can meet other idiots like myself.

My feeling is that it would need to be somehow central (good luck with that one) to make it attractive to everyone. As I live in the South East I'm not sure North Wales would be close enough for me. Just my opinion.

Also, the date would be a factor in attendance. Perhaps if you stick a pin in a calendar and actually set a date, then potential participants can commit (or not) to it.

Good luck, and I hope I can make it. Peter

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 08:17:58 AM »
Will try, date and bike depending.

Can I plug our July meet up at the Crich Tramway classic bike event in Derbyshire again. Cracking roads in the Peak district. Very accessible for those "oop north" and Midlands  too.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline Rob.b (Rob Birkett - RIP)

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 09:54:21 AM »
I'm in Paul,  don't mind where.

Rob

Offline J.P

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
If you happen to be thinking of the 2nd May Spring Bank Holiday, 27th & 28th May,
 my other club, the Ducati Monster Owners Club, are holding their annual get together at the Metropole Hotel in Llandrindod Wells, mid-Wales.
 And Sunday we should have a few Ducati test bikes there to rides.

Alas, it's a bit too far from London to mid-Wales on my Café Racer so I'll be taking the Monster.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 04:54:31 PM »
If you happen to be thinking of the 2nd May Spring Bank Holiday, 27th & 28th May,
 my other club, the Ducati Monster Owners Club, are holding their annual get together at the Metropole Hotel in Llandrindod Wells, mid-Wales.
 And Sunday we should have a few Ducati test bikes there to rides.

Alas, it's a bit too far from London to mid-Wales on my Café Racer so I'll be taking the Monster.

Llandrindod area is great,if you want a twisty route ,head for Builth,then back to Rhyader,then to Crossgates and back to Llandrindod,
a few years ago,that used to be the base of the internation six days trial !!

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »
If you like twisty challenging roads, the Brecon to Builth Wells via Upper Chapel is for you.  I wrote off my works Astra estate on that road, going way too fast when I biffed a sheep.  Very tasty it was too.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 08:22:53 PM »
Mid and North Wales do have some lovely roads and cheap places to stay, plus very low crime rate if there are a pack of bikes parking up then a quieter place has its merits or a secure bike park. One bit of road I fancy re visiting is the 'Conwy tunnell' in north Wales. It evem made my mates cb250 superdream sound gorgeous, and my cb550k3 with Motad neta was very fruity sounding despite being very civilised in normal use. I know of a holiday let by us that sleeps 14, more room for campers and off the road and out of sight parking, possibility of a barn to keep bikes dry and a cinema screen in part of said barn due soon, plus pizza oven and hot tub. Another place locally does guided trail bike tours to suit all abilities, just bring yourself ( bikes, helmets etc provided) stunning views, a lot of great roads Builth 30 miles one way from me and Aberystwyth 30 the other way, some great roads can get you to Aberystwyth, all are great, but the narrow mountain roads are quietest with least risk of getting behind slowcoach drivers. One more thing going for this area, very few speed cameras, so you can relax and enjoy the ride, not constantly fret about your speed, plus the roads are twisty enough to be fun at legal speeds most of the time. Gets worse in north Wales for that.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline flatfour

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 08:39:04 PM »
For accommodation, Radnor Revivals might be worth consideration (near to Crossgates, mid  -Wales). Five self - contained two and three bedroomed Lodges in farmland, with a clubhouse/barbecue facility and a field for camping as well. I have visited at least once each year for quite a while now and this year the BMW Club are taking the whole complex for a long weekend. Motorcycle clubs are especially welcome there the owners say.

Prices are around the £200.00 mark per Lodge for Friday - Monday morning, or the same for Monday afternoon to Friday morning, in the off peak season.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 09:11:02 PM »
Crossgates is a good location,garage,cafe ,and lots of  open roads

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
I'd like to come and meet the regulars on here if I'm allowed, pending dates (race season starts in April)
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal