Author Topic: Drink driving advice  (Read 1190 times)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Drink driving advice
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:03:48 AM »
A warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas and police everywhere are out there checking on drivers. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing lead to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the brandy. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car at the pub and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint at the top of the road where they were pulling over cars and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: Drink driving advice
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
When we were teenagers that story was almost true. Went on a bender, and opening the curtains in the morning revealed a parked double decker bus outside the house. Between us we had a vague recollection of going home on a bus but who drove and where we got it we will never know. The council came and picked it up after we complained it had been dumped there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 08:01:37 PM »
Good joke and story.

There's the old take on that same vein, bunch of lads face a long walk back home after a late night out and one says that they leave all the buses in the depot with keys in them, I'll go and get one he says while you lot keep a look out for me. They all hang around outside but for half an hour there's buses driving back and forward inside the depot,  eventually he opens the depot doors and drives out, stops to pick them all up. What took you so long they all ask, well the one that takes us on our route was right at the back, so I had to move all the others before I could get it out.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 02:19:41 AM »
I was on a Dragon rally many years ago, with a gang of lads from Salford, where it all got a bit lairy, probably a contributing factor was that by the time we got there the pub had run out of beer, and only had spirits left in small bottles.

I've no idea who had actually booked the coach that turned up at kicking out time, or who was driving, but I know it wasn't ours, and I'm pretty sure someone stole it, on a sudden impulse, and shouted 'get in!'. Again I don't remember why or how, but I ended up in the dark in one of the belly lockers, with several others, we emerged at the rally site. It was left at the gate, and I'm sure it's rightful owners will have got it back.

I still have dental bridgework from later that night, caused by someone who later was best man at my wedding.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal