Author Topic: Cb550f wiring diagram  (Read 706 times)

Offline firet49

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Cb550f wiring diagram
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:37:16 AM »
Hi
I'm having issues as I can't get any power  to my headlight.
I bought my loom from eBay usa a few years ago and I'm not sure if my loom is from a k or f model.
Everything else works fine and all the wiring matches up to the awitch especially etc.
The loom connects in the headlight and in a junction box under the tank.
The only difference is see is the tail lights and instrument lights come on when the ignition is switched on but I see this is done by a brown blue jumper wire to black.
I really can't figure out why I have no power to the headlight on hi or low settings.
Any help much appreciated  thanks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:26:21 PM by firet49 »

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cb5t0f wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »
Not sure whether you have a 500 or 550 (check the thread title) but from previous posts I see yours is a CB550 F2.
From the wiring diagram the Hi/Lo dip switch supply comes from the fuse box via a black/yellow wire - the headlight has its own fuse.
Check the fuse, also whether you are getting any power to the point where the supply wire is connected to the switch wiring.
The power to the fuse looks to come from the switch on the right handlebar via a black/red wire so if necessary work back to there.

Note that I think on some US bikes the headlight was always on.
Don't know if yours was one of these or what differences there would be to the wiring if that was the case, just trying to give you some pointers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:44:16 AM by Chris400F »

Offline firet49

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cb5t0f wiring diagram
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »
Thanks yes it's a 550 f2 misprint on subject title sorry.
Just checked the black yellow at the fuse box and it has corroded and broken at the back.
Resoldered the connection all now working a treat.
Thanks for you pointers and help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal