Author Topic: Black Bomber (plus a personal issue)  (Read 1492 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Black Bomber (plus a personal issue)
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:06:39 PM »
Bit of a longshot but you never know. Does anybody have a 450 Black Bomber in need of restoration they would part with for a reasonable price? Looking for the next project.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:41:15 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Black Bomber
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
This might be a duff bit of info, but I'm sure the guy at Oxford Classic Honda had one last year. He was toying with the idea of keeping it. Might be worth a phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
This might be a duff bit of info, but I'm sure the guy at Oxford Classic Honda had one last year. He was toying with the idea of keeping it. Might be worth a phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a mate of mine bought a 450 from them in the last month,a later disc model ,seen the pics ,looks quite tidy
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »
I think they're out there Roy, but they're getting thin on the ground. Entry level seems to be £2k plus...this one on ebay recently didn't meet reserve (£2.5k I believe)...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132072656976

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Think I can understand why that one didnt sell James. A bit of a jigsaw, and pretty rough.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 11:40:36 AM »
Just had a very interesting offer of a Bomber from the long lost Ashimoto that, if we can agree a price, I think I am going to go with.

On a sad note
I had wondered what had happened to Ash as I have not seen many posts in the last few months. It appears that somebody on this forum has sent him a PM that basically slags him off in a most personal way. As a result he doesn't want to post anymore and I can understand that. Diplomatic as ever he has declined to name the person, although I urged him to out them so it can be confronted. Whoever you are, and you know who you are, I would urge you to re-contact Ash and make an apology then we can again all exist as one happy family. Thank you.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Black Bomber (plus a personal issue)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
That is so sad. Never met the bloke but Ash is one of the people you make this forum and seems a top bloke. Who ever has upset him does want outing and must be a very small person to do such an apparently spiteful thing.

If you read this come on back Ash we need you!

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
Totally agree with rozabikes, sneaky lowlife barsteward, hang your head in shame, or better still, leave if you don't like what goes on here, you have tainted a great forum with your moronic behaviour.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »
That is so sad. Never met the bloke but Ash is one of the people you make this forum and seems a top bloke. Who ever has upset him does want outing and must be a very small person to do such an apparently spiteful thing.

Tim

agreed ,

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline hondarc166

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
it's easy to do it with a pm much harder to do it face to face hang your head in shame.    >:(

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »

Tim
Couldn't have put it better myself.
I thought people on here were better than to do stuff like that. Sadly it seems not.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »
Right, before this gets out of hand (without full disclosure of the conversation) can I suggest we temper the feedback a little.

I totally understand the sentiments and intentions here and I'm the last person to be telling you guys what to think / say / do.

I regard Ash as a good friend of mine (we talk regularly outside of the forum). I'm also aware of the conversation that had happened and personally I think Ash took what was a well intended message (but fairly poorly articulated) to heart and took objection. He decided to vote with his feet which is fair enough and his prerogative.

This is just my view - and it's none of my business really.  But, I honestly think the PM wasn't intended to  be seriously malicious / upsetting to Ash.

Anyway, I really do hope Ash returns to the forum in his own time / when he wants to. He's a superb guy, has a wealth of knowledge and is very generous in his support of others (me included).

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »
Well said James. But I do think whoever sent the PM, well intentioned or not, should apologise so they can move on. Ash is one of the institutions on here with a wealth of knowledge that will be sadly missed. It wasn't my intention to start a witch hunt, just help Ash to get back on here.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 02:37:44 PM »
Roy I totally get it and equally I hope they get it sorted and we see Ash back here in time. Good luck with the bomber project if you take it on - I'm sure you'll do a superb job with it as with your previous restos...

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
 ;) yes let it go over your head ash you cant please everybody back to the black bomber?
my mate was the highest bidder on the said bike and was prepared to go two grand on on it?
the guy wanted two and a half grand or he would keep it . i told my mate let him sort it its his problem .
hes now glad i told him to let it go, lol thats what friends are for init ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal