SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB550 coils

(1/4) > >>

Green1:
Does the 550 share the same coils as the 400&750? Only asking as the 550 has developed a massive flat spot right up to 3500rpm and was hunting at tick over today when ridding in the rain.
I have a spare set of pattern coils I could try so it would be rude not to try them.

Johnwebley:

--- Quote from: Green1 on March 03, 2017, 11:04:54 PM ---Does the 550 share the same coils as the 400&750? Only asking as the 550 has developed a massive flat spot right up to 3500rpm and was hunting at tick over today when ridding in the rain.
I have a spare set of pattern coils I could try so it would be rude not to try them.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure the coils are the 703 type,same as the 500,
but your symptoms sound more than just coils

mike the bike:
Are they the originals?  The reason I asked, the originals ain't rain proof.  That's why I bought Dyna coils - saves me waiting around for the RAC when there's a monsoon.

Green1:
My original 750 coils were rain proof I only swapped them when I ran out of HT lead to trim and that developed a low down flat spot.

John don't say that that's not what I want to here. It had issues before and had James scratching his head for awhile. 
But It did run well when I picked it up about 7 months ago.
Today was the first ride in heavy rain.

JamesH:
Mick - can't recall now but did I fit a boyer bransden kit to the 550? If it's something I did / didn't do right, make sure you drop me a pm and we'll work it out. I've still got to get that bloody clock cover / fender stay up to you come to think of it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version