Author Topic: Dresda Swinging Arm Anyone ?  (Read 886 times)

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
  • CB400F, CB400F Cafe & NC30
    • View Profile
Dresda Swinging Arm Anyone ?
« on: March 26, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Morning all,

Has anyone got a 400/4 with a Dresda arm ?  My latest project came in various boxes and has a Dresda arm, but I can't find the rear axle spacers, so wondering if anyone has similar and wouldn't mind a quick measure of the spacers either side please ? 

Any help greatfuly received !

Andy

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Dresda Swinging Arm Anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »
From aged memory you use the standard  Honda ones

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
The Dresda's box section is quite a bit wider that the chain adjusters in the standard set up, so i run out of axle to get a nut and split pin in place with the standard spacers from my other bike.  Just wondering if anyone can confirm length of the std spacers or if anyone has a Dresda fitted ?

Andy

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »
Mystery solved and an update having found a spacer in my box of bits and playing with a steel rule - just in case anyone needs similar info in future ........

The Dresda arm's open end outer face to outer face is ~255mm which is the same as a std swinging arm with adjusters fitted.  The Dresda arm's box section is however ~25mm wide vs. ~18mm for the standard arm with adjusters, leaving an inner face to inner face distance 14mm narrower for the Dresda.  I found a 19mm spacer in the various bits and pieces which is conveniently 14mm shorter than the std 33mm spacer normally fitted to allow for the reduction - problem solved !

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »
Andy,
Forgive me if I have missed something (it wouldn't be the first time!) but surely you need to have a smaller spacer each side to keep the gearbox / rear wheel sprocket alignment correct, unless there is some sort of offset with the Dresda swinging arm.

Offline andut

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »
You're right Chris.  I don't know if the Dresda arm is symmetrical and if it is, then in theory there is a 7mm movement of the sprocket to the rhs that I will take a closer look at.  Not so sure how critical 7mm would be - as I recall the drive sprocket has some end float anyway (?) and a quick front to rear wheel alignment check looked spot on, but I do plan to check both more accurately soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal