Author Topic: Wrong Number Plate fitted by Main Yamaha Dealer - Amusing story  (Read 1075 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
I bought a Yamaha Tracer as my "other ride" new last year. Booked a ferry last week  for this  May for my thrash around the Pyrenees using the reg off the V5C which showed reg of DCxx VYF

In garage on Friday and noticed the number plate was DCxx VYG

Bottom line............. Yamaha main dealer had made the plaet up wrong when I picked it up and neither of us noticed.

Irony is that VYG exists and is another Yamaha

Hope he/she didn't get any traffic violations !!!

If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Number Plate fitted by Main Yamaha Dealer - Amusing story
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »
So who has been getting all your speeding fines  ;D ;D

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 03:40:47 PM »
So who has been getting all your speeding fines  ;D ;D

As if I would ever exceed her majesty's limit!!!

If in the unlikley event I had -- then some poor owner for a Yamaha 650 somewhere  :o :o :o
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »
FS1E's came two to a crate I PDI'd one and the boss the other, three months later when they both happened to be in for service on the same day it was found they both had the same reg, this was when we used stick on letters.---Mine was right by the way and he had an embarrassing time explaining the change of insurance to the wrong ones boys insurers

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
I bought a brand new Triumph T140V from Whittaker's in Blackpool. (We later had a bit of a falling out as they would do feck all to help me with a warranty claim after a partial seizure, but that's another story). He had a whole row of obsolete Manx Nortons in the shop, that he had taken in part ex against modern wizz bang thingys, no such thing as Classic racing back then. He probably gave very little for them, an astute investment or what? I wish I'd taken a photo.

The number plate on the Triumph had 2 numbers transposed. I only found this out at a roadside check, when it was pointed out to me by a policeman.  >:( He thought he'd made a mistake checking the number over his radio, I didn't put him right!
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »
The number plate on the Triumph had 2 numbers transposed. I only found this out at a roadside check, when it was pointed out to me by a policeman.
that reminds me of my mates riding three up on a cb175,after stopping them the policeman noticed that the front reg was different to the back(this was done by the shop)he let them off for the number plate lol

Offline ffoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »
I saw a scooter type step through in Turkey with 7 on it, 1 7-8 year old steering stood up, 1 stood up behind him, 4 on the seat included the mother and the clincher was the father sat on the rack backward and holding a wheelbarrow which was being towed behind. Wish I'd had my camera handy but it went past too fast.

Aw man. Wish you had the camera  :D but it does kinda show how cosseted we are in the West. And how robust these machine are.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 11:26:46 AM »
I've seen a few families on scooters abroad, including making eye contact with an upside down baby tucked under mum's arm in the Cairo traffic, but the one that cracked me up was the family of five on a scooter in Sorrento Italy, with the addition of a large Calor Gas bottle on the running board in between Dad's legs - what could possibly go wrong?
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal