Author Topic: Fuel Tank  (Read 400 times)

DaveB

Fuel Tank
« on: April 06, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
One of the known problems with the CB 750 K6 I recently purchased is the decoration of the tank. I suspect it's been resprayed at some time but when it was, the decals/pin striping don't appear to have been applied with much care, before being lacquered over. It's most noticeable on the left side, but has the same problem to a lesser degree on the right side...

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Clearly, the tank will need stripping, respraying, new decals etc. which is a shame as apart from this alignment issue it seems to have been done quite well already.

One of the things I'm curious about is how the HONDA badges are fixed.

The manual and parts diagrams make reference to clips such as the following...

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

My question is will these just pull off if pulled in the right place and are they reusable or are new ones always required? Is it possible the badges could be fixed in some other way such as self adhesive?

Many thanks as always.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Tank
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 04:42:32 PM »
Those clips push into holes on brackets recessed in the tank then pins on the back of the badges push into the clips, using something flat, thin and stiff between the back of the badge and the tank you lever the badges outwards till free of the clips. Sometimes the clips come out as well, they always need removing from the tank for repaint but are normally reusable except for the fact they are so small they get lost easily!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal