Author Topic: 350 spring shakedown  (Read 511 times)

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
350 spring shakedown
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
Took the old 350f for a 25mile blast today and loved it, probably the first good outing for many years, as many will know i got the bike allegedly road ready (laugh) last November, and after a myriad of problems sorted i got it on the road in Feb this year, it starts on the button and runs well, i am not going to repaint it as i like the patina and i don't want a show pony, i also offered it for sale and had no  takers, now after enjoying it i have decided to keep it indefinately, i gave the little old thing quite a handful of throttle for most of the ride really clearing it's throat at times, on a couple of occasions it stuttered on quick throttle openings, she also got a lot of looks from passing drivers i guess because of it's rarity and age, when i got back i gave it a plug chop which showed up as a chocolate colour, so it's pretty much there, a bit of smoke coming from the breather pipe i expected this as it's been laid up so long a few more outings may help everything bed back in, a little more tweaking of the carbs and a bit of tuning for the free flowing exhaust should sort it out, so here she is with it's stable mate a 78 Z thou which is a small project i have going on
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:49:28 PM by kevski »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal