Author Topic: Re-chrome headers  (Read 1147 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re-chrome headers
« on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »
Anyone recommend a chromer to re-do 4 used header pipes. I realise they have to go into a caustic tank for several days/weeks so they could get expensive. What sort of price is correct for this job so I don't get ripped off. Cheers.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Re-chrome headers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
Here you go Roy but add 10%, as these are from 2013. Names removed but contact me for them. Two very similar companies I can recommend in the Midlands. Both very similar prices no VAT both do a month +  dip in hot caustic soda solution for exhaust components. Make sure whoever does them doesn't copper plate on exhaust headers. Parts in the attached were VERY rusty to start with (UK bike left outside)

Cheers .. Ash

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »
Thanks Ash, surprised your back from holiday was it just one week? Can you PM me with the names and numbers for the chromers. Guess I'm looking at around £150 for a set of four. Are we still on for the end of the month, may wait and send six headers instead of 4. Cheers.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »
Will email.. Yes end of month fine. Not 4th June though as taking some stuff to sell at Newark that i can't be bothered to eBay. Yes cruise was only 7 days
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »
I used Chromefix in March to do four headers for my CBX750. Cost £230 and they did a good job, silencers in the picture are new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal