Author Topic: 1971 CB750 K1 chopper  (Read 1933 times)

Offline chrisf1

• View Profile
1971 CB750 K1 chopper
« on: May 13, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
Hi again everyone I joined last week because I have bought a 1971 CB 750 K1 chopper and am expecting delivery this week then you will probably get fed up with reading my posts, anyway before you do does anyone know where I can get a pair of forward controls for it, it has a bar with footrests on it already mounted which I will probably remove as it looks to be to high to make the rod extensions even better if someone has a used set from a similar model I would very much like to buy them many thanks Chris

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: 1971 CB750 K1 chopper
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
I think you will have to either import from the US or manufacture yourself

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 02:53:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chris. There's a few guys on here running or building Honda Choppers so you should get some good advice. But I bet your biggest problem ends up being those pod filters on the intake.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline chrisf1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chris. There's a few guys on here running or building Honda Choppers so you should get some good advice. But I bet your biggest problem ends up being those pod filters on the intake.
Please explain as this will be my first Japanese bike my other is a 1960 classic triton cafe racer

Offline Mag1

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »
Separate altogether, looks like the rear brake light is smashed?. Answer to your question for foot controls would be easer to purchase from USA, maybe ready made kits are available to fit directly on. Try joker machine, cyclexchange etc. Nice bike. Also purchase service kit oil, filters etc, as will be drained when crated over from USA.
Honda CB750K7 1977
Yamaha XS750e 1977
Vespa 100 (being restored)

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:22:25 PM »
Please explain as this will be my first Japanese bike my other is a 1960 classic triton cafe racer
I think he's referring to the air filters on the intake of your carburettors. Never experienced them myself but I'm aware they cause set up and running issues with the fuel air mixture as they are not standard unless the carbs have been re-jetted. I think thats why He's saying these may end up being a problem.
Peter

Offline xriccix

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »
Hey man, I recognise the eBay seller, I always think hes a little over priced if I'm honest! He does get some good stock though!

I've bought a project recently and been looking at forward control kits, so far the best I can find are made and sold by TC Bros in the states.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/honda-sohc-cb750-forward-control-kit.html

They are a lot less chunky than others I have seen.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »
Hey man, I recognise the eBay seller, I always think hes a little over priced if I'm honest! He does get some good stock though!

I've bought a project recently and been looking at forward control kits, so far the best I can find are made and sold by TC Bros in the states.

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/honda-sohc-cb750-forward-control-kit.html

They are a lot less chunky than others I have seen.

My mate has bought a few bikes off Summerbud, personally turning up before any bids were  placed and haggling  a deal ... I think his prices seem a  better than Freddiethefatfrog, knowing what my mate Chris paid plus the fatfrog's sales seem to be a haggle free zone .
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline chrisf1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
Hi I thought I was having an issue with Summerbud because of the frame number appearing to incomplete it just had the number not CB750 prefix and nobody wanted to give me a dating certificate for it because of this so I raised the issue with Nick at Summerbud who said he would look into it for anyway he rung me today to say he has found the american title am I correct in thinking this does away with the need of a dating certificate thanks Chris

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »
Yup I believe so
...just make sure all numbers match as vosa may want to see the bike...dont  assume it will just be a paper shuffling exercise  although it could turn out that way

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »
Hi I thought I was having an issue with Summerbud because of the frame number appearing to incomplete it just had the number not CB750 prefix and nobody wanted to give me a dating certificate for it because of this so I raised the issue with Nick at Summerbud who said he would look into it for anyway he rung me today to say he has found the american title am I correct in thinking this does away with the need of a dating certificate thanks Chris
I was under the impression that a US title negated the need for the dating certificate, however, I've just sent off for registration with a US title and it had no dates (manufacture/registration) on it whatsoever only purchase date of last owner so I'm not sure what value it is for dating a vehicle.
I got a dating certificate as belt and braces.
Peter.

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
Maybe different states do different things
My cb450 had an original title and states year of manufacture clearly with vin number

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »
Iv'e done a few of those now. It can depend on which US state the beike came from as to what's on the title. Some states are completely different to others. Can be a real pain sometimes. My last one was Ohio and that had every bit of information you could ask for, including recorded mileage. That was a super easy one.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline chrisf1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
I got the title today the bike is from Minnesota and it gives the frame number identical to mine and the year as 1971 will I need a dating certificate thanks everyone Chris

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »
If it clearly gives the year you should be OK BUT DVLA keep it so I sent a hi res copy and they didn't notice, although this may not be legal and i cannot condone that of course.

I gave you a number before as there are a few quirks regarding insurance etc you should know about

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal