Author Topic: Accelerator pump woes  (Read 592 times)

Offline tosh

• View Profile
Accelerator pump woes
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »
Well after 3 carb tear downs and cleans I just can't get the accelerator pump to work..it seems to pump well up through the one way valve in the top of the float bowl when the rod is pushed by hand , you get a good jet of fuel, and running carb cleaner through the little brass jet in the carb body with a syringe results in a jet from each of the four posts but put it all together and you get nothing >:( , I've checked and double checked the actuator arm gap... there appears to be a home made o ring between the float bowl and body in the hole where the valve is but didn't seem to obscure the valve... I'm starting to pull out my hair with this one now, any ideas great fully recived

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerator pump woes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »
Worth checking this out ... I did one and I can't believe how tiny the parts are

http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/carb_info/accelpump_valve_repair/page1.html
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline tosh

• View Profile
Re: Accelerator pump woes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
Cheers for that it is indeed siezed up... mines a brass spacer rather than plastic but copious amounts of carb cleaner, a guitar string and a compressor seem to have freed things up. Just to put back together and try now.... once it stops pouring down that is 👍

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal