Author Topic: Using an F2 head on my F0  (Read 563 times)

Offline theshootist

• View Profile
Using an F2 head on my F0
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
Hello,

My '75 F0 has recently been treated to a weisco 836cc kit and is running much better now (its still running in). Its much more lively! I'm not sure how much of the benefit is coming from the extra capacity, how much from the extra compression and how much from the fact that pressure is not just leaking past the pistons - it smoked a lot!

I know that the later F2 head has larger valves than the one on my bike. I see from the dynoman site that they have developed a weisco kit for the F2 head that makes use of the extra space and means that you won't lose compression.

My question is, given the development I've already done would an F2 head be a bad idea?

Thanks

Offline theshootist

• View Profile
Re: Using an F2 head on my F0
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »
Damn - wrong sections  :o

Moved it for you  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:20:43 PM by SteveD CB500F »

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
In a word, YES! F2 pistons have higher domes than K series or F0/F1, also less sleeved dowels between the barrels and head, which give rise to irritating oil leaks! Also F2 heads are well known for knackering valve guides very quickly, so no advantages, but lots of potential problems!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline theshootist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
Thank you!

Offline theshootist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
Thank you!

In that case I will save my tokens for other things. I'm really enjoying the bike at the moment. A switch to more modern rubber that is at least round rather than square in cross section (!) has really improved the handling. I'll put up some pictures after I next take it out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal