Author Topic: cb400f horn  (Read 564 times)

Offline oapcb400

• View Profile
cb400f horn
« on: July 18, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »
Still in the process of rewiring my bike, most of the old wiring was beyond redemption so new loom and handlebar controls. It all went together pretty easily, just some non-standard wire colours from the R/H control had me scratching my head, call to Dave Silver got that sorted. It is the horn that i find confusing, 2 leads from horn, one Lt Green attaches to the loom, easy, the other lead from the horn is Black which then seems to then morph into Green. The black lead has a male bullet connector on the horn sub loom, can't find where it should connect to, as its green can i just earth it somewhere suitable. A lot of fuss over a humble horn, but i want to get it right. Thanks in anticipation.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: cb400f horn
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
Black wire  should be +12v feed when ignition is on. Light Green goes to horn button. Horn button grounds the light green wire when button pressed. Check for +12v on black wire with ignition turned  on. Ground LG wire from horn to eliminate faulty horn switch Hope this helps.

If horn proves to be faulty see my post in Anoraks Corner.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline oapcb400

• View Profile
Re: cb400f horn
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply, i'm still a while away from the electrics going '"live " so its just matching wire colours for the moment. At least i know now the horn wiring. The "birds nest" where the wires meet has a female bullet connection to accept 4 black wires, at present it has 3 black wires from the R/H handlebar control and one from the L/H , so no room for the horn black lead. It seems the obvious place for the connection. An suggestions?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal