Author Topic: Boyer suppliers and pricing and resistance  (Read 487 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
Boyer suppliers and pricing and resistance
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »
Been, like a few thinking of fitting a Boyer kit when I have some spare pennies.

I have identified kit 00089 for existing coils or kit 00289 that comes with coils.

I have a set of new aftermarket coils, so was thinking of using 00089 but what is the required primary resistance for kit 00089. Is there any advantage from using the Boyer coils in anyone's experience?

Also, can anyone recommend a supplier, as the Boyer site links only to 2 U.K. Distributors but they don't list the Honda kits on their web sites

Sorry if I am asking what has been asked many times before.
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Boyer suppliers and pricing and resistance
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
Boyer themselves are very helpful and friendly, some years back i asked if they could supply testing data to eliminate a fault for a contact in US and it came through almost imediately

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Boyer suppliers and pricing and resistance
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:55:54 PM »
Go for the 00089 and fit resistor caps, but do not use resistor plugs at the same time, you will get the system cheaper by going direct to boyer, they are easy to fit and work really well, technical support is first class, i used to live 10 minutes away from them and always went to the production shop, they are a small family run cottage type business working in the grounds of the family home, just 4 people1 baby and a dog the last time i went there a couple of years ago

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal