Author Topic: The 24th Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show  (Read 571 times)

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
The 24th Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:23:45 AM »
Hello, what about of the "Mechanics Show" is a good recomendation to visit?
Thank you in advance.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: The 24th Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »
Massive & can be very very long queues to get in, particularly 1st day ..they charge stallholders lots which they have to then pass on to customers .. DS stand always worth a visit as he has some bargain basement stuff usually.  I always end up going ..it has a certain allure for me. Show in October is the one for our bikes.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »
Thank you, I was years ago in other "Carole Nash" but I think it was at April or March, I do not remember. I was with David From David Silver Spares and a lot of spares and bikes there, very good. Is the same Show? or are differents? I am thinking go there the Saturday and the Sunday go to a Soccer Play in Manchester

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »
The NEC Classic Car Show in November has a large bike section, last year they were firing up stuff from the National Motorcycle Museum which is just round the corner.

Not a huge fan of the Stafford show, but I keep turning up, I always bump into someone I haven't seen for years.

They used to have a big classic bike show at Belle Vue in Manchester, now under a housing estate I think. Local enterprising small boys would lead you down corridors into the main hall through a service entrance for a fraction of the ticket price. No doubt the same youths who would 'mind' your car or bike outside the Apollo at concerts for a quid - 'No thanks I leave my Rotweiler in the car' - 'OK - Can it put out fires then?'.
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
Hi Piki,

If you want to look at old Honda's in Stafford and visit DSS stand I would take a trip to DSS in Suffolk and check out his museum before visiting his shop, much better and lots of time to look at the bikes properly. Having endured Stafford a number of times (the last time in a car to drop some wheels off, never, ever again!), I found it expensive and crowded. As Ash states, the traders are charged a lot of money to be there and their prices reflect their entry costs.  DSS does have some show specials although not much but he does do free delivery during the show.
I remember visiting the DSS warehouse in 1990 on the same day he received a HUGE shipment of NOS 400/4 parts. As he was unpacking the crates I was standing next to him saying 'I need those' (complete front and back wheels), and those (yellow F2 petrol tank and side panels all with decals applied), and that (seat) oh, and one of those (camshaft), that (oil pump), and these (front and back mudguards, complete headlight, handlebars and switches).  Nothing had been priced and I said 'how much?' He said he needed time to price it properly as he wasn't sure what he had, could I come back another day? I said I was only passing through and needed to take it with me, he thought for a while and said 300 pounds, I bit his hand off!
I'm not sure if he can offer the same deal these days, worth asking though  ;)
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal