Author Topic: Differences CB500K0 rear mudguard ( fender) vs CB750K1 (US/Japan)  (Read 492 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
My CB500K0 rear guard was badly fatigue cracked (3-hole mounting ... sh*t design plus PO had something attached to it) so I bought a quite nice one from DK a year or so back but like most of them you see,  it was slightly dished where the rear lamp mount bracket  fits. I took it to my panel beating mate and he told me that to beat it out properly you would have to not only remove the spot welded triangular reinforcement plate but also the wiring tunnel. He removed most of it and recommended  I either live with it or get the chromer to either fill with silver solder or thick copper plate it  and linish / buff back to the correct shape. Trigg recommended I look at a new 750 one and I found this one for a USA 750K1 that my mate in Japan could 'mule' in for me at Christmas, in his luggage. I know 'Eric' in Vietnam makes pattern ones but I would rather stick with Genuine if I can.

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_142_95&products_id=673

Anyone know the differences  or experience in removing the 'dishing' in a Honda chromed rear mudguard around a 3-point lamp bracket? I suppose its the extra hole and wiring tunnel/lack of reinforcing on the 750 one at the rear / wiring clip But are the bracket mount holes in the same position?

YAMIYA CB750K1

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Here is my original cracked one:- (photo of DK one to follow)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:50:02 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
  • Life is what you make it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Differences CB500K0 rear mudguard ( fender) vs CB750K1 (US/Japan)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »
Hi Ash

Partzilla have this part available brand new original maybe it helps it fits 750 k0 and k1 I think

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-80100-300-030XW.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal