Author Topic: Carb slides CB550F  (Read 344 times)

Offline Topcat

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Carb slides CB550F
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »
Hi All,

Did a carb rebuild (CB550F), ultra sonic clean and replaced all the jets. the carbs look like they are in much better shape now but were so gunked up and rusted up that some parts broke off during removal (like the bars the floats are attached with) got some replacements on the way.

One thing that did concern me was the slides, looks like someone in the past has either had something pretty solid inside the carb (stone or something) or tried to force the slide in the wrong way round (so the grove doesn't match up with the little brass thing inside the carb), either way one slide had been dented at the bottom quite considerably which meant it doesn't smoothly move up and down, in fact it was a pain to remove and refit, so I decided to file/sand off that burr rather than try and source a new slide. It all seems to fit not and is much much smoother when you move the throttle linkage however I'm worried that by sanding this off it may cause other problems fueling or the like, does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions? Would you guys just replace the slides?

Cheers
Topcat
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:26:53 AM by Topcat »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal