Author Topic: Hi new member on here  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
Re:Hi new member on here
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 12:38:20 AM »
:) Anything after an early CB750 would be bland:( although my own 1974 K2 actually flew and it was a great & reliable bike perhaps I was just lucky:laugh:  I changed the usual things tyres for TT100s 410/19 425/18, Girling rear shocks,Ferodo front brake pads,the 4 into 4 Honda exhaust system lasted a couple of winters then was scrapped for a super chromed Jock Kerr 4 into 1 system very loud but also very well made I changed the colour from the horrible gold to a bright red after 2 years of riding in all weathers, fitted a Two to Four seat that I bought while at The Earls Court Bike Show,Allen screws all round, repainted the frame/swinging arm/chainguard as the paint just fell off at about the same time prob too much use of \"Gunk\" engine cleaner that was also a paint stripper!:ohmy:Then twin discs were fitted,new chain spockets,many oil changes + filters & a few sets of spark plugs but it just kept on going & going.I find the F1 Supersport a great bike,faster than the K2 it revs better but uses a bit more petrol yes its not as flashy as its 1969 Four pipe older brother but its still a great bike plus its nice to know they are now worth a few quid if they are in good order.Older people will go out of their way to talk to you about the bike male or female all you hear is I  used to have one of those\" regards Asimo:)
Onwards And Upwards Anyway But Backwards!

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »
Interesting to see Carpy mentioned on here.

In the 70's Eurodesign made a rack that hinged up so that you could open the seat. As I had a 500 I never had that problem. The bike in my avatar is fitted with the \"standard\" (ie non-opening) Eurodesign rack.

I have searched in vain for Eurodesign nowadays but nobody seems to have taken over the mantle.  Shame as it was a good bit of kit.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
:) Have you seen Steve,s new CB750 tee shirts  I,v got 2 they are  brilliant both in design & also good quality items:) \"Carpy\" goes from strength to strength in the USA & good luck to him:) On the subject of my old CB750K2 its reg was SRA 781M I,v done a DVLA vehicle check & its still alive & well It is now Grey in colour???????? If you own it give me an email I,v loads of pictures of it before during & after its resto in the late 70s. Asimo:)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »
Sounds like you liked to play around with your bike as well as I did, when I bought the K1 it had a dented tank so I filled it and sprayed a white undercoat ready for the gold, it looked that good that I changed my mind and sprayed it white. See pic of a cold and wet day in the 1970's.
Unfortunately a vehicle search would indicate that my old bike is dead.
Then came the 900cc kit, Koni's, steering damper, clip ons, 4-1, and 410.19 and 425.18 TT100's, great fun. But now I am doing the opposite and returning my F1 to stock, off has come the headlamp brackets, fork brace and most of the F2 bits, apart from the tank and seat which I will keep black.

Cheers

Den

Post edited by: Spitfire, at: 2007/06/24 14:54
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »
:) Yes and I,m still at it changing bits!Honda RCM 45K is still on the DVLA computer as \"active\" although its not been taxed since 1980 so it may well be stashed away in someones shed or in bits : ohmy:Luv that waterproof suit straight out of the 70s :) Asimo

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:39:48 AM »
Asimohonda wrote:
:) its reg was SRA 781M I,v done a DVLA vehicle check & its still alive & well It is now Grey in colour???????? If you own it give me an email I,v loads of pictures of it before during & after its resto in the late 70s. Asimo:)

What's the link to do one of these searches? I've often wondered about some old bikes and cars of mine.

regards, Phil

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
:) Hi Phil,my search method is not available to the public but you can try
   www.dvla.gov.uk/ click onto Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency & you
   will locate a basic of what you need to search about a vehicle,s V5c & if
   its taxed regards Asimo :)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 07:15:11 PM »
Yes the red suit was great but for rallies the serious stuff came out, PVC chemical proof suit, a lot heavier and more waterproof. When I checked RCM out and saw it had not been taxed for so long I assumed it was dead, I wonder just how many bikes there are out there in peoples gardens, garages and sheds ?

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »
:) Hi Den I would think quite a few bikes are stored in people,s sheds My Dad was a big fan & owner of BSA,s A7 & A10s I would love one of his old bikes one A7 He owned is still alive & well up in Co Durham.Whats the rain like where you are? here in Notts its a disaster zone My bikes are on high ground out of the rain I could do with that red suit of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!! regards Asimo:)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 01:50:41 PM »
Hi Asimo, no floods here though the way it is raining there could be !
Yes I have a soft spot for BSA's, started on a D7 Bantam and eventually progressed to my A65R, went everywhere on that thing. Lots of things used to fall off though, horn, exhausts, and one day even the carb, single monobloc in those days. The big ends went on me hammering down Sulby straight in the IOM, had to rebuild it on the campsite, luckily I got to know a sidecar rider who used A65 engines so he helped a lot with knowledge about local engineering firms. It eventually ended up with a Lightning cam, pistons, head and twin concentrics. It's been sitting in my garage since 1986, but all the nice bits are in the loft, so one day I should get to it.
Pic is me and the A65 at Union Mills during the 1970 TT week

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 06:40:13 PM »
:) Hi Den it looks like the weather forcast was wrong again its been hot
   and sunny today \"Sunday\" no more rain thank goodness!
   Mmmmm 1970 I was still at school but we were all at the TT on holiday
   and if I remember we all had a great time \"Malcolm Uphill\" won the
   production TT on a Triumph :laugh: Nice pic of you and the Beesa at
   Union Mills very retro \"make time & get it back on the road ASAP\" its
   a part of our history! My next project is a Honda CB750 Cafe Racer
   I,v just bought another CB750 from a guy who started to make a chopper
   out of it but I got it just in time its a mix of F1 bits and a K2 engine Soon
   as I have time I will post some pictures of it before I start to pull it to bits
   regards Asimo :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal