Author Topic: Hi new member on here  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
Hi new member on here
« on: June 17, 2007, 09:25:28 PM »
:) Hi I,m a new member on here. 1 Picture of my CB750F1 1978 Quite a few changes from standard spec inc the alloy wheels & 810cc yoshi conversion ready for the summer if it ever stops raining regards Paul:) Sorry pictures too big will post another soon as I resize it

Post edited by: Asimohonda, at: 2007/06/17 21:31
Onwards And Upwards Anyway But Backwards!

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
Re:Hi new member on here
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »
New member lets try again with the picture some more work still to do but its now almost done 16k from new regards Asimo

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:52:39 AM »
Looks lovely. What pipe? (show us the other side...)
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »
:) Standard front pipe Marshall Deeeptone Exhaust Will post more pics soon Asimo

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »
Where are you?

I've a mate with an F2 with a Marshall Deeptone.  It's a hooligan pipe!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:11:32 PM »
:) Not so sunny Nottingham Deeptones coming off I,v just bought a brand new Motad system \"you know what its like with bikes\" (they are never finished) I,m also changing the front wheel to the same make as the rear one which is a CMA,also fitting a Dresda box section swinging arm that I,v just had chromed to off set the naked left hand side of the bike plus some Hagon chrome shockers regards Asimo

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:07:47 AM »
You may come to regret fitting the Motad as they are very quiet (in comparison). Most of the old 4s that you see on eBay etc seem to have Motad exhausts. Given the other mods you are making, I bet you end up with something louder!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
:) You could well be right on this one But We have some major issues regarding noise where we live as we are surrounded by old folks who don,t like bikes at the best of times! \"But its OK for them to have their motor mowers going 24/7 from 7.30am\":blush:  In the good old days Motad Exhausts had a tune for noise baffle system that you could adjust loud or silent ie very quiet it looks like that systems gone in this politically correct society:)regards Asimo \"onwards & upwards but never backwards\"

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 03:23:03 PM »
Jim Shea (on this site) spoke to Motad about the exhaust on his F1 and with their \"blessing\", drilled holes in the end baffle of his Motad (CB750F1).  The result was slightly more noise at low revs (social) and much more rorty at higher revs (anti-social).

Much better.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 05:22:55 PM »
Nice looking bike you have there, but then again, it looks just like mine !

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »
Just found an old photo of mine when it was fairly new, the exhaust is stock Honda with a Dunstall silencer, which I may re use when I finish the rebuild, makes a nice sound.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 07:59:16 PM »
OK try again to attach the pic

Post edited by: Spitfire, at: 2007/06/22 20:00
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 10:44:44 AM »
:) Hi Den looks a nice bike Paul Dunstall made some great exhaust pipes that sounded fabulous in the late 70s for Honda Fours & they were also of an excellent quality something you don,t see these days.What was the rack that was fitted \"Craven\" reason I,m asking is racks aways seemed to foul the seat when you tried to lift them on Supersports I saw a rack in the USA fitted to an F1 Supersport while I was on holiday there so I took loads of pictures of it.The design was a clever answer to the problem of overcoming the seat issue  \"it folded backwards after undoing a couple of 6mm bolts on wingnuts Sadly the maker has long since gone out of business so I will make my own & have it chromed.Why is it the F1 Supersport is the butt of many jokes in the so called Honda circles \"Rod Gibson\" of Classic Mechanics hates them to quote him they were the worst CB750 model ever made as he used one himself for two years & hated every minute of riding it? what he said  I don,t agree with this F1 is my second Supersport The first one I px my CB750K2 for that one was brand new & also a great bike & totally reliable unlike my best mates brand new Triumph Trident that he bought at the same time as myself.My bike looks standard  \"thats what I wanted it to look\" but its not it has a lot of 70,s \"Pops Yoshimura\" tuning bits inside the engine & some of my mate Steve Carpenter,s alloy bits & bobs don,t all F1,s look the same from a distance regards Asimo:) :)

Offline Asimohonda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 10:44:53 AM »
:) Hi Den looks a nice bike Paul Dunstall made some great exhaust pipes that sounded fabulous in the late 70s for Honda Fours & they were also of an excellent quality something you don,t see these days.What was the rack that was fitted \"Craven\" reason I,m asking is racks aways seemed to foul the seat when you tried to lift them on Supersports I saw a rack in the USA fitted to an F1 Supersport while I was on holiday there so I took loads of pictures of it.The design was a clever answer to the problem of overcoming the seat issue  \"it folded backwards after undoing a couple of 6mm bolts on wingnuts Sadly the maker has long since gone out of business so I will make my own & have it chromed.Why is it the F1 Supersport is the butt of many jokes in the so called Honda circles \"Rod Gibson\" of Classic Mechanics hates them to quote him they were the worst CB750 model ever made as he used one himself for two years & hated every minute of riding it? what he said  I don,t agree with this F1 is my second Supersport The first one I px my CB750K2 for that one was brand new & also a great bike & totally reliable unlike my best mates brand new Triumph Trident that he bought at the same time as myself.My bike looks standard  \"thats what I wanted it to look\" but its not it has a lot of 70,s \"Pops Yoshimura\" tuning bits inside the engine & some of my mate Steve Carpenter,s alloy bits & bobs don,t all F1,s look the same from a distance regards Asimo:) :)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 07:58:13 PM »
Yes if my memory serves me right the rack was a Craven and I'm pretty sure that it did fold back to enable you to swing the seat over. Can't understand people not liking the F1, I had an early KO which was probably the best bike I have ever owned, then I bought a K2 new in 1972 and was very dissapointed, it was very slow and bland. I sold it a year later and bought a K1 which was much better, it was even better when I fitted a 900cc conversion. I traded it in for the F1 in 1976, the F1 was a vast improvement on the K2 and later K's, but it does not have those four flashy chrome pipes and the classic CB750 looks. Performance wise it was a step back to the K0 and K1 days with better handling. The F2 was even better but with a tendency to be more fragile than the K's and F1's.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal