SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB400f Supersport Restomod... so far.

(1/6) > >>

Integra99:

I usually post in the CB400 section but thought I'd post a few pics of my CB400F project as hadnt realaised this section was here and some great projects going on.

This is my second build.. my first being an XS750..

I then acquired a CB400f, a bike I've loved for many years. The tank was the wrong colour and a lot of bodges by the OP so it came apart.. originally I'd planned a restoration but having gone to a number of shows with the XS750 and the CB400f I decided to make it my own and do a restomod type project.

Here she is in her original form, bought it for £1500 from a local guy... she looks lovely but on closer inspection needed attention!

Then the strip down began about 12 months ago.. a few images..its been slow progress with other hobbies and my son racing.

Back from Delkevic with the new exhaust! Tank in primer, will be the last thing I do I think!

Back in the workshop and final prep and engine running!

I have no idea of plans for the rear mudguard and light but I pick the seat up on Thursday which is based on the original base but I shortened it a little and so I hope it turns out ok. Once the seat is on I cna get her outside and think about it with a cuppa or two!

Tank - the plan is Audi RS4 grey, with a gloss black centre stripe and two cream pinstripes.. I have deliberated over colour since the start!

Lots of small jobs to do.. and its been a tough build so far engine ran really well and so apart from valves check, new cam chain, carb total restoration and a full service I've left it alone as she ran lovely!

Integra99:

Front mudguard... hard to make lower without chopping the complicated stay but I plan to address this later. I've also done away with the speedo as running a GPS on a Daytona gauge. 

GiannisFour:
 :D :D :D

Integra99:

A ha hey mate!

P.s - The wiring loom looks like tosh because in that photo I was still testing it and replacing crap connectors with gold ones!

Rob62:
Love it... engine colour looks great, looking forward to a video of that pipe... i intend to buy one for my 750k4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version