SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

500-4 scrapheap challenge

<< < (6/6)

haynes66:
i've been attempting to strip the motor but it's infuriatingly slow as nothing much is budging. the round cover has been removed but two screws have snapped. thankfully, most of the cam cover bolts and screws are loose but i will have to drill out a couple. to give myself a break, i've been cutting and filing engine plates which has been therapeutic. the first pic shows the piece removed from the frame.

i had some 5mm plate machine folded to give the frame some strength before tackling the engine plate

then i spent a while cutting and filing the engine plate itself. this is bolted on at this point to make sure of the sprocket location.  i slotted the bolt holes to get the engine height in the correct spot.

sat the frame on top to see where everything fits and it looks ok. the pod filter is an ebay cheapie to check for clearance. the next stage will be welding the rear plate in place and maybe think about downtubes although i dont want to spend any more money at this point in case the engine is scrap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version