Author Topic: Progress 2, 30 mph speed limit sorted  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Progress 2, 30 mph speed limit sorted
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:38 PM »
Well the bike ran great on the Aintree run, except that I noticed that the wife (leading me in the car) was being very aggressive with the speed limits in Liverpool (loads of speed cameras) especially the 30 mph ones. A test run today at 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 mph proved the Honda's speedo is 7 mph fast at all speeds. No wonder it didn't like 30 mph speed limits !
But it also showed me what a wimp I have become, struggling to hold on to 70-80 mph on the motorway ! But boy was it gusty.
The only problem I had was when I dropped Dean off at home I turned the bike off to have a ciggie, and when I turned it back on I had nothing, no electrics whatsoever, took the side panel off, I just touched the fuse box cover and it all came back, so today I have taken the fuse box off and cleaned all the contacts, hope it cures it, it was OK on the test run.
Plus I have to keep putting petrol in the thing !

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Progress 2, 30 mph speed limit sorted
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »
Den, i had a similar thing happen to me with my F1, but i was driving at the time  :o, complete electical failure , i pulled up at the side of the road turned it on & off a few times till i got dash lights back on then it started , it did it a couple of more times then it was ok , i think my problem was ignition switch related  gave it all a good spray with WD40 & its been ok since  ;), You will probably notice how much petrol has gone up  :'(, i can remember when i could fill my tank for

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal