Author Topic: Touch Up  (Read 573 times)

Offline adespin

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Touch Up
« on: June 01, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »
My Candy Gold K1 has a number of paint chips, as i am not ready for a respray just yet, i would like to just touch up the chips. Is there a close match to the colour available from the likes of Halfords or ebay.
1971 cb750 K1

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Touch Up
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »
My Candy Gold K1 has a number of paint chips, as i am not ready for a respray just yet, i would like to just touch up the chips. Is there a close match to the colour available from the likes of Halfords or ebay.

Nope, it has to be sprayed as a complete unit.

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
You could try one of those ‘chips away” companies, they travel to you and mix a colour match on site, you’d need to get a quote and balance that against the cost of a respray.
Or if the chips are not in a very obvious location just get the closest car aerosol and apply directly to the chips with a modelling paint brush, I have a stone chip on the front of my tank on my Scrambler down by the fork leg, I dabbed it in with a similar red and it’s all but invisible.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline adespin

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »

Nope, it has to be sprayed as a complete unit.

Are you saying that there is no touch up paint out there that is a close match that you know of ?
1971 cb750 K1

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »
Nope, because it is a candy 3 pack paint so no "One Mix" paint will be anywhere near

Offline 750rideruk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
I chipped the front of my tank which is Candy Apple Red. Found a nail varnish so close that you can hardly tell. Dont know if many women have candy gold nails tho!!!!!!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
Nurse Julie was going to produce a list of compatible nail polish colours for such touching in, but I think she got sidetracked with 2 bikes on the road and summer weather!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal