Author Topic: Headlight swap-Aussie to American  (Read 2871 times)

paulknapp

Headlight swap-Aussie to American
« on: September 29, 2005, 07:46:30 PM »
Hello fellas, my '72 750 has a headlight reflector and glass with a bulb soldered in ex-factory,the way it is mounted there is no way i can fit a semi-sealed beam in so i could insert a h4 quarts bulb for better lights.   The bulb swap has been done to USA imported bikes here in Oz, so i have been told.
 My question is.. do all  USA bikes have as standard fitment a sealed beam unit as fitted to American cars, where a semi-sealed unit can fit straight in with a H4 quarts bulb?
If this is the case, if i purchase a reflector mounting unit which fits into the plastic shell with 3 screws, from a  USA wrecker, would i be able to fit whatever car reflector i wanted to??
 With thanks,  Pablo.
     Down under

CBen750F1

Re:Headlight swap-Aussie to American
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 02:10:08 PM »
mate i just used a 7' HQ holden  H4 headlight, and used its backing ring... ok i have lost beam adjustment, but i just move the hole buket and all to get the right height...hope this helps... peace

the boy from oz:P

paulknapp

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 11:52:42 PM »
I'll answer my own question,
I purchased a headlight  rim with the rings to clamp sealed beam from Terry in Victoria, Aust. He apparently bought a box of them from USA on EBay. for a couple of his own bikes. Bought a new semi-sealed beam unit from local auto spares shop and fitted H4 bulb, and ...WALLA... bright lights
Cheers Paul
  Down under   B)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 12:20:05 PM »
Are you talking about Terry \"Three Nuts\" Prendergast? Boy gets around...

\"WALLA\" - is this Aussie for Voila ?
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

paulknapp

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 01:39:11 AM »
The answers are ...Yes and Yes,  me 'ol  cobber,  ....although I haven't seen him drop his jock's to confirm..:whistle: ..:woohoo:
 Cheers Paul.B)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal