Author Topic: uk site at last  (Read 5349 times)

Offline shugsi

• View Profile
uk site at last
« on: January 02, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
hi all...thank god for a uk site...was gettin fed up with bloody custom/nighthawk 650's.. ::)..anyone got pics of modified 650's?...im thinkin off modifiying mine along street fighter type route...cheers

Shugsi

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
Re: uk site at last
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
Mines still basically standard, but different paint job...

plus picked up a guiliari seat recently

Offline shugsi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:46:16 PM »
ive actally downloaded your info and pics..hope you dont mind....im thinkin bout puttin cbr600 front end on and 17" wheels and brakes, removing grab rail, cut down "eddie lawson" seat, black/polished engine, deep pearlecent blue paintjob with honda "wings" logo on tank,late model cv carbs (apparently they make a real difference) cbx 550 footrest hangers, custom type clocks etc etc....was even thinkin bout shovin in a dohc 750 engine as not many tuning stuff out there for the cb650z... also thought bout modifying a cbr600 (1991-95 model) swingarm to fit the 650 frame....so many ideas but limited funds  :(

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
Welcome Shugsi.

Did you see the article on CB650Z in this month's Classic & Motorcycle Monthly.

They believe that it was the best SOHC Honda as far as cycle parts go, but just a little too late too market to make any impact against the DOHC competition from Suzuki and Kawa.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 01:54:31 PM »
ive actally downloaded your info and pics..hope you dont mind....

Not at all, make use of it. Any more pics you're looking for, let me know.

Have a look at http://www.hondacb650.com/ also, there's a load of knowledge there. Look out for Pinhead - he's investigated improving the cylinder heads quite extensively.

regards, Phil

Offline shugsi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
Welcome Shugsi.

Did you see the article on CB650Z in this month's Classic & Motorcycle Monthly.

They believe that it was the best SOHC Honda as far as cycle parts go, but just a little too late too market to make any impact against the DOHC competition from Suzuki and Kawa.
Yeah picked up a copy, also got an old copy of classic mechanics from 1998, they covered it in the "Classic ride" section...not gonna be puttin it back to concours as want to moderize it a bit...but keep the classic styling...i got so many ideas that me brain is over loading ha ha..will let you know wot route i will go when i start on it..

Shugsi

Offline shugsi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »
ive actally downloaded your info and pics..hope you dont mind....

Not at all, make use of it. Any more pics you're looking for, let me know.

Have a look at http://www.hondacb650.com/ also, there's a load of knowledge there. Look out for Pinhead - he's investigated improving the cylinder heads quite extensively.

regards, Phil

ok cheers.....what swingarm you puttin on your 650?...also dont know what shocks to go for..Ohilns or Hagon Nitro's?...also seen on web a company called Viperperformance.com who also do "piggy back" shocks for older bikes..think they are american but they prob export....

Shugsi

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »
I put Hagon's standard road shocks on my 500/4 K1. They're well made, about
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline shugsi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »
I put Hagon's standard road shocks on my 500/4 K1. They're well made, about

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
 :-\  hello 
              not sure if i should post my intro here ,but i could never get re-registered with sohc4 before now ,so better it be a britt site ;D this is just a test post so ill keep it short for now best regards  :) steff750
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 08:52:24 PM by steff750 »

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
Steff - a couple of questions:

1. What do you mean by "re-registered with SOHC4"?

2. We need your contact details as any member based in Wales must be a good bet for great biking roads and  a "West West Midlands (?)" meet up...    ;D
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »
 ;) hi steve yes i was a member a few years ago and had a few pics listed in the gallery ,(but it could have been a different site who knows) but i lost my info and lost touch with the site for a while although i did browse the forums now and then and read the posts
  ;D yes i live in wales and the best thing too come out of it is the roads , they are awesome , although watch your speed pc plod and budgie the helicopter are catching on fast ,head for mid wales is about your best bet still some great rides too be had and good biker meets in llandovery abergaveny  breacon and cowbridge if you prefer the older classic bikes , north wales has had a bit of a bashing lately so be careful out there.
 im glad you have added a  brittish forum to the site  it will be easier too share the knowledge  aswell has going across the pond
 and i like the old seventies pics ,im sorry i never took more pics when i was younger  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal