SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

A RUF 750

(1/9) > >>

Trigger:
I bought this off ebay about 3 years ago, as a K6 rolling chassis. JustcallmeMrT and myself went to pick up the bike from a dodgy council estate in Slough. The guy was operating a  bike beakers from inside his house and the rolling chassis was with a pile of other bikes and bits in his front room.
I turned up with a corsa and a hand full of tools and, we set to stripping it down on the drive and piling the parts into the back of the corsa so, no pictures of when i laid my hands on it for £350. Amazingly the bike was register in March 1977 and the last time it was taxed was August 1983, then left to rot.
It has been a long time getting it to this stage as work always got in the way and a few problems with the clutch and it sumping, even though the oil pump was rebuilt along with the F1 engine, which i had as a spare.
So what we ended up with in the end was a old school look to a K6, with F2 tank and clocks made up from parts i had laying around.
She finally had her maiden voyage tonight.     

Laverda Dave:
That's a very tasty looking bike Trigger. I thought you dont like to build specials?
Maybe you should contact Bike EXIF, it's as good as any bike on their website with the added bonus you can actually ride your bike!

philward:
Normal high standard Graham - and makes up the 'His and Hers' pair!

JamesH:
Nice build that Graham. Nice one..!!

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Laverda120 on July 25, 2018, 10:04:18 PM ---That's a very tasty looking bike Trigger. I thought you dont like to build specials?
Maybe you should contact Bike EXIF, it's as good as any bike on their website with the added bonus you can actually ride your bike!

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't call it a special, still std carbs and airbox so, i know it will run right. It is a bit of a run away train and would benefit from a twin disc  ;)
The main problem with any build that differs away from the original is, to keep the handling while trying to make look good. To me the handling is a lot more important than any looks  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version