Author Topic: 550 parts available  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Gavin

• View Profile
550 parts available
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »

Hi all

When I picked up my 550 I also got 90% of a spare engine. I've used the gearbox to rebuild my main unit but I've got various bits leftover, including some mucky by usable pistons, casings, head, cylinder block (rusty bores), cranks etc. It's a basket case as it's been broken down but it's there.

I'm likely going to keep a few handy parts, but if anyone needs casings, a head to polish, etc. Feel free to drop me a line. If I can help out then I will.

Gav
Find a great bike, and simplify it... gotta love a good bobber

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: 550 parts available
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
What do you want for them Gav?  A beer in a local pub?

Happy to collect.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Gavin

• View Profile
Re: 550 parts available
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »

Hi Steve

Depends on what you're after really. I'll have to go down the garage and see what's really there as I wouldn't pass junk parts on. From memory there's some parts from the original bike pre-chop down (although I slung some very manky bits), then there's the engine in parts and a second front baraking setup I bought (but i want to use that to convert to twin discs and reduce my stopping distance under the mile!).

I'm any easy going type so when it comes to bike bits cash is fine, but I'm always just as happy with a fair exchange of parts or work. I run a modern Suzuki and myself and a few of the owners club use that as a bit of an exchange system   :D
Find a great bike, and simplify it... gotta love a good bobber

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal