SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Tapered head bearings question

<< < (2/3) > >>

sye:
I can get Pyramid ones supposedly made in Japan or All Balls. Unless anyone knows of a better choice?

Nurse Julie:
All Balls but make sure the seal is included.

All balls part number....596955#WZJLPK, comes with both seals and all the washers etc.

sye:
You can actually buy Koyo bearings but not as a kit. The top roller is an H264815 (26x48.5x15) and the lower is an H305014 (30x50x14) plus the washer is available too. Still no dust seal but I suppose I could use the Honda one. Only problem is that the Koyo ones work out at £40. Hmmm, is it worth the difference.  :-\

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on August 08, 2018, 09:57:02 PM ---All Balls are made in China, you work out which is better

--- End quote ---

NTN, KOYO, and SKF all have factory's now in China. Honda licenced bearings are now made in China  ;)

sye:

--- Quote from: Trigger on August 08, 2018, 10:32:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Oddjob on August 08, 2018, 09:57:02 PM ---All Balls are made in China, you work out which is better

--- End quote ---

NTN, KOYO, and SKF all have factory's now in China. Honda licenced bearings are now made in China  ;)

--- End quote ---

There is nothing wrong with a lot of stuff that's made in China. It's the generic crap that you need to avoid. NTN, KOYO and SKF do manufacture some of their bearings in China but they are run and operated by Japanese management and QC is very high on the list. The quality of these bearings is at least equivalent to any bearing made in Japan.

The problem is the generic crap that's churned out and then branded by someone else. This stuff is usually very poor quality and will fail prematurely for sure. I don't know if All Balls own the factory, if it's made to their spec or it's generic crap. It's unlikely to be the latter I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version