SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

CB750 F1 Shocking news. (photos)

<< < (5/5)

SumpMagnet:
I have a lovely set of FVQ shocks on my project 750. They are as good today as they were 40 years ago ......

rubbish.

Reading this with interest with regard to my choice of replacement. I was looking at Ikon, Hagon, TEC..... but not sure what is good these days. Last twin shocks I bought were Marzocchi remote reservoirs...

Rob62:

--- Quote from: Trigger on August 12, 2018, 05:48:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rob62 on August 12, 2018, 05:36:08 PM ---I bought the tecs on recommendation from this forum. Ive only done 20 odd miles so too early to comment. Although when first fitted they were like pogosticks and the instructions say to fully compress them when first fitting to get them working ok.. well this is not easy unless you are built like arnold schwarzenneger.... so i fitted them one at a time and bounced on them... they seem ok at the mo. Hagons would usually be my first choice as the quality is unquestioned, but the tecs are a good match to the originals and half the price so worth a try i felt.

--- End quote ---

Half the price ! Not sure were you see them at £100. The last set of OEM  NOS pair i bought were £278 and they were as bad as they were all those years ago  ;)

--- End quote ---

Half the price of Hagons..... or slightly less than half even.

Erny:
Gents, where would you recommend to buy TEC shoks discussed here?
I'm looking to replace my stock shocks on my K7 750. I want to keep original stock look as much as possible

royhall:
I have a pair of gas shocks the same as the ones that failed in the Triumph picture. These shocks are adjustable in length with a maximum clearly stated. The ones that failed there look to be way beyond that length (although to be fair it is hard to be absolutely certain from that picture). If you need to go longer (as I did) TEC supplied me (free of charge) a longer mounting clevis that was perfect. That guys shock appears to have failed because he maybe couldn't be bothered to read the instructions? Is that really the fault of TEC? My 750F2 is fitted with the shrouded TEC shocks and they transformed the previous bad handling for the better.

Laverda Dave:
Erny, look up TEC bike parts on Google. They mainly sell go faster parts for Triumph Hinckley Bonnie's but the TEC shocks part of the business is for all bikes. They are very helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version