SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

CB750 F1 Shocking news. (photos)

<< < (4/5) > >>

Laverda Dave:
Fitted TECs to both my 400/4 and CB250RSA. Good quality and a very helpful company when I had a problem with a mounting bush that was the wrong size. Two replacements arrived the next morning.

fryerk:
I bought a set of TEC shocks for my modern Bonneville 2 or 3 years ago. They stopped damping and were like pogo sticks after about 9 months. They were replaced under warranty but the replacements lasted about the same amount of time before they too lost all damping. Needles to say I replaced them with a different make. Not sure whether I’d try them again.

Green1:
I have fitted a Hagon mono shock  to my dads Triumph Trophy 1200 and it has totally transformed it.
Before committing to buying it I phoned to make sure it was the right one for my application. After talking with them giving weights and riding style info. I was recommended there cheapest shock and told many people buy there most expensive assuming it means better. It is important to talk to them and have them made to each individual.
I also have Tec shocks on the 750 no complaints yet apart from my pannier bags scuffing the chrome.
I will be fitting them on the 550 as well in the near future as the original ones start to loose it after riding an hour or so

Rob62:
I bought the tecs on recommendation from this forum. Ive only done 20 odd miles so too early to comment. Although when first fitted they were like pogosticks and the instructions say to fully compress them when first fitting to get them working ok.. well this is not easy unless you are built like arnold schwarzenneger.... so i fitted them one at a time and bounced on them... they seem ok at the mo. Hagons would usually be my first choice as the quality is unquestioned, but the tecs are a good match to the originals and half the price so worth a try i felt.

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Rob62 on August 12, 2018, 05:36:08 PM ---I bought the tecs on recommendation from this forum. Ive only done 20 odd miles so too early to comment. Although when first fitted they were like pogosticks and the instructions say to fully compress them when first fitting to get them working ok.. well this is not easy unless you are built like arnold schwarzenneger.... so i fitted them one at a time and bounced on them... they seem ok at the mo. Hagons would usually be my first choice as the quality is unquestioned, but the tecs are a good match to the originals and half the price so worth a try i felt.

--- End quote ---

Half the price ! Not sure were you see them at £100. The last set of OEM  NOS pair i bought were £278 and they were as bad as they were all those years ago  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version