Author Topic: CANDY GOLD  (Read 1611 times)

Offline stevie750

• View Profile
CANDY GOLD
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi there, going to get my tank re-painted.
My pal's a spray painter in the motor trade, does anyone
know what the equivalent colour in car paint would be, to match
Honda's Candy Gold?
Don't have a sample & i'm guessing at the shade through pictures.
cheers Stevie

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: CANDY GOLD
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
there are two gold colours used on the cb750 they are    candy gold  cq
                                                                           sunny gold metallic  dm
 ignore the letters after the colours they are just part numbers HONDA use ,and are no help in matching the colours, unless you are buying new parts from them , i think the candy gold is the uk spec bike and is a darker shade and the sunny gold metallic is for the american market and has a  more of a yellow tint ,if you have a side panel any good sprayer will match it up you will also need a silver basecoat and a lacquer topcoat i have resprayed two of  my bikes candy blue green (one was more green and the other more blue )and one candy ruby red that i dont have a bike too compare it with ,but i bet it will be different shade ,candy colours are american paint and not cheap they also contain celolose so some painters wont go near them they are notoriously difficult too match too many coats and the shade gets darker by the way there is a lot of good two pack paint about now so dont be put off and have fun

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CANDY GOLD
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »
Problem is its a three pack candy paint with a silver base, coloured transparent laquer, then a clear finishing laquer.

You need to spray everything at once as the more coats of the colour the darker it gets.

The two colours are actualy called
"Candy Gold Custom" used on K2
"Candy Gold" used on the original CB750 and the K1

To be honest unless they are side by side you cant tell the difference.

Place called RS in Barnsley could sell you the paint but havent been there for a few years so dont know if it still exists with the new rules on solvent paints.

Also its what is known as cyanoactiv(?) which means its full of nasties and you need the special kit to spray it.

Best of luck Bryan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal