SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Yankee Doodle not so dandy CB400 rebuild

<< < (2/14) > >>

Nurse Julie:
Is that a crack on the lower fork case.....or a USA cobweb ?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Sprocket:
Looks like a solid base to start from! Those engine bars though!  :o
Where are you starting with the project then?

SumpMagnet:
Looks all there...and not too far gone. These are pretty little things when sorted...and every time I pick up heavy great lump of 750 I kind of wish I had started something smaller!

I've not been here long, but already I have learnt a lot and had a load of help.

Skunky:
First thing is to make sure I can straighten the front end up and That the frame is true. Compression test the engine and maybe start it. Then once I’m sure it’s not a complete lemon I will start the strip down. I will take it back to the frame. Clean and repaint frame and then re build using as many of the original parts as possible. I don’t expect it to be a quick build and as I have never refurbished a bike before I will have to make sure it is as good as can be. It can’t be 100% as there is age related damage which can’t be polished out such as a broken fin on the cylinder head where something was dropped on it. I also intend to upgrade the electrics to a more modern standard with improved lights and indicators and possibly an m unit and rewire new tank, paint and decals and a lot of cleaning polishing and new chrome where required.

Laverda Dave:
Good luck for the rebuild.  Plenty of help on here.  Good news about the Cibie, I bought a similar NOS one a couple of years ago, its still in the box to this day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version