Author Topic: CB650Z Brakes  (Read 2842 times)

Offline jameser

• View Profile
CB650Z Brakes
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
Hi just wondering if any one has had any probs with front brakes on a CB650Z
I have just rebuilt both calipers and master cylinder with new seals and pistons etc also fitted a new two way junction on hoses (All Genuine Honda Parts)
but when i try to bleed the brakes fluid is pumped through the whole system until no air bubbles are present close bleeders  and little or no resistance on lever
pump it a few times and reasonable lever obtained  after allowing it to sit for a few minutes absolutely nothing there

Any assistance  greatly appreciated
                                                  Cheers James

Offline daniel son

• View Profile
Re: CB650Z Brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:08:24 PM »
yes i am having the same problem with my brakes on my cb650. although i have changed the master cylinder to a cb750 one i still cant get any resistance on the lever. the wheel locks but the lever still comes to the bars and no air bubbles either. i am going to try the speed bleeder we have at work this weekend to see if i can pull the air out rather than try and push it out!!

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »
James: classic symptoms of air in the system (still)

Keep pumping - or unbolt it all and raise the caliper(s) as high as you can to let any air rise overnight. Then bleed in that position.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
James: classic symptoms of air in the system (still)

Keep pumping - or unbolt it all and raise the caliper(s) as high as you can to let any air rise overnight. Then bleed in that position.

Tip, I had similar probs with a GPZ 600 last year, and all the Kwak guys recomended, taping the caliper with a mallet while bleeding - worked too.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

Offline mat4

• cb550f&cb650z
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:01:26 PM »
Hi, I have just this week done this exact job on by 650z and I had problems bleeding the system, it turned out to be an air lock which I overcame by fixing a transparent tube to the blead nipple tightly, filling the master cylinder reservoir with fluid and then sucking as hard as I could on the tube while I watched the fluid level lower in the reservoir, I stopped sucking when I saw fluid in the transparent tube. I made sure the reservoir was full the whole time.  This worked for me I hope something similar works for you.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
Same issue when I twin disked a 550, I now use a drenching seringe and clear pipe attatched to the bleed nipple to suck the fresh fluid through the system, only time it failed was when there was some crud in the system just behind the bleed nipple and I had to flush the system backwards. The drenching seringes are available from farm supplies shops for about
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal