SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Engine paint reccomendations?

<< < (2/3) > >>

SumpMagnet:
never seen that before.....but I will hunt some down for a number of uses.

One concern though .... how well does it cope with temperature? Especially as I have to do the head, rocker cover and barrels.

Nurse Julie:
Just a suggestion. The Simoniz VHT paint we use for engines says Matt on the tin but in real life comes out in a satin finish with a bit of a shine. SIMVHT20D is the black version of what we use.

SumpMagnet:
I am looking to get as close as possible to the stock 750F2 finish and it's not exactly gloss...but it's definitely not matt.

I have found a few sellers of engine enamels etc online, but none of them seem to show examples of hte product...just a picture of the tin. Not really helpful.

I reckon I will have to buy a couple of test cans and see what comes closest. I can spray a small piece..like the sprocket cover...and compare it to existing finish on the camcover/head

thescoot:
Just new to the forum. I sourced some engine paint from the states which was a two stage system. I will search my records and see if I can find where I got it from and post asap. It was exceptional and had just the right sheen. I used on one of my café build cx500 motors and everyone commented how good it looked.

SumpMagnet:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version