Author Topic: You all on Vacation?  (Read 5586 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: You all on Vacation?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 06:52:56 AM »
I followed one of those new three wheelers down the M4 last night.

Wierd.

He was bowling along at 75-80 and every time the wind blew (it was pretty gusty last night) it just leaned into it and kept going in a straight line!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline loonymoon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:13 PM »
I've not ridden one of them but the people I know who have them (I know quite a few now) love them. You just don't have to worry about losing the front end on things like manhole covers, wet leaves, diesel etc anymore. A pretty impressive piece of engineering!

One of them went on the Londonbikers trackday on the Fuoco 500. Although he had no chance on the straights (it's only 500cc and very heavy with it) he was finding that he could leave the braking waaay later and corner faster than most others - at least in the Newbie category!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:04:00 PM by loonymoon »

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »
It's really quiet!

My bike passed it's MOT yesterday. It's done 17,000 miles now and it's 30 this year!

Despite the crap weather forecast I strapped my waterproofs onto the pillion and ventured out.

Had a very enjoyable pootle about. The sun even came out with a bit of blue sky. Not many bikes out though.

The rev counter still goes all the way round which is good.

What's happened to our bikes over the years?

Not long ago I had a Kwak GPZ500 and above 60 the wind blast was awful and noise around my helmet was deafening.

On my 550 I can sit comfortably at 80 with no excessive wind blast, no roaring in my ears and not end up with aching neck, wrists and back.

Something not quite right somewhere!

That's progress I suppose.
Dave
Melbourne.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal