SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1967 CB450K0 Black Bomber Rebuild - By Royhall

(1/95) > >>

royhall:
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have been thinking about doing this rebuild thread for a few months now and following some prompting from a few SOHC members I have decided to go ahead. A few of you may remember the 350F thread from a few years ago and hopefully this will be a similar format. Apologies if it's a bit similar to Davo's recent rebuild of his CL450, but I feel there are enough differences to make it interesting.

The bike. I bought this bike about 18 months ago from a forum member (anyone that knows him well will spot his front garden). It came with a fair pile of documentation to prove it's history which is never a bad thing. The bike has been stood for a great many years and is generally in pretty poor condition. It has also suffered what was reported to be a chain break which smashed the crankcases, but during the rebuild I shall touch a little bit more on that.

I'm not sure how quickly this one will progress as I don't have anywhere near as much time as I did when I rebuilt the 350F but am hoping for a steady progression. The rebuild actually started about 3 months ago and has been well documented in photo's so I shall try to get this thread up to date fairly soon. That's enough writing for now, so here are the pictures of the bike.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Woodside:
Go for it Roy...personally I love the extra information and pictures   ..
i appreciate the time it takes to put it all together ..thanks

K2-K6:
Also interested in seeing the bike through build Roy.

Appreciate the effort it takes to document process as well as doing it.

Rozabikes Tim:
Yes go for it Roy. Everybodys experience and specific issues with similar bike can vary, as can journalistic input ;D

JamesH:
Looking forward to seeing this develop Roy. Go for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version