SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

My Rickman CR750 Restoration

<< < (2/6) > >>

royhall:
Take note Honda, Rickman took the trouble to ensure you could get the head off whilst the engine is in the frame. ;)

Spitfire:
Looks great , that would have been my dream bike in the 70's, nice to see it being resurrected.

Cheers

Dennis

royhall:
Still is my dream bike. Had one in 77 with a Z1B engine, superb. Would love another but they are out of my price range now.

SteveCR7:
Did a bit more yesterday, got the oil tank, filter, sump and hoses cleaned and ready to go back on. Still got to get the pump off and primed with fresh oil.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Also checked out the coils, one has a broken HT lead at the coil end, so swapped a spare one over.  The primary circuit is fine about 4.6ohms, but no reading on the secondary.  I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if all 4 are duff.

SteveCR7:
My experiment to soften carb inlet rubbers was a huge success. Using a 3:1 mix of surgical spirit and wintergreen oil for 8 to 10 days turned them from rock hard to very pliable. The carb side softened the quickest being thinner rubber so after about 6 days I reduced the liquid level so only the thicker parts of the rubber were submerged. I will have to see if they harden as the weeks go on. The video shows how soft they are.

https://youtu.be/r0GooiUYUAU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version