SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB500 K0 Carbs

<< < (3/3)

Raymond_Y:
Having just refurbished a set of 627Bs and a set of 069As, the only difference I could see, was the main and slow jets.  (100 / 40 v 98 / 38)

Raymond

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: Seabeowner on March 22, 2019, 01:07:47 PM ---Can someone identify what is different (apart from jets/needle position) between 627Bs and 069s. I thought they were pretty much the same. I've got 3 sets of 627s and one set of 069s. And have used a set of 627s in place of 069s on a 550 with no problems.

--- End quote ---
Graham said the same... he has never been able to find any difference between 627B's and 069's other than jets etc

Squiffy57:
Well I'm still struggling to get the bike to run properly. Re-checked timing and valve clearances but she just feels starved of fuel. Float levels set at 22 mm and all new jets and even removed the fuel strainer and air filter to eliminate these as being a cause of the problem.
Was wondering whether it is possible to fit the emulsion tubes too high in the body of the carb so that the needle valve is closing down the fuel flow too much?
Any thoughts from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version