Author Topic: Wanted by new member. 550 / 750  (Read 2041 times)

Offline FASTERTHANSID

• View Profile
Wanted by new member. 550 / 750
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »
First of all hello to you all by a new member.

Well I've had the itch to get me a 550 / 750 for a while now as a project bike and have looked around for one but had no joy. I went the Stafford classic bike show yesterday but left feeling a bit let down. Couldn't believe how much they wanted for a bike that was a restoration job. They wanted as much as if it had been done to a very good level.

Have you guys got anything for me or know of any.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted by new member. 550 / 750
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
Hi, what's the budgett you'd strech to on a cb550k3?. Frame needs painting. Complete engine in bits can be arranged. (maybe even a whole one) I have 2 such machines broken down as spares but for the right money I'd part with one. plus side is as everythings stripped down you can be sure that there's no hidden faults like dodgy cylinder head bearings and the rubbish parts have already been disposed of. Maybe even a bit of pick and mix for best bits..................... I did at one stage have both bikes complete so everything is there somewhere. It's all in an attic at the moment in mid Wales so I'd need some kind of notice to dig out the bits.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:15:43 AM »
I can offer a cb750 f2 1977 with a blown cam. Original looking black paint job, non standard exhaust, only one horn, photo's available. Cam is supposedly being reworked at a local engineering shop but its been there a while and wasn't done last time I asked. Tank needs a coat of petseal to cure rust in carb issues.
Go on you know you want to

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »
I may be selling my CB550F2 in the spring if we decide to emigrate.
Dave
Melbourne.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal