Author Topic: DSS customer (or not) Service  (Read 811 times)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
DSS customer (or not) Service
« on: May 20, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
I sent the below email to DSS last Wednesday - absolutely no reply. Seems like they are happy to take my money but wont go an extra few hundred yards to help

I just bought a 500 4 gasket set from you (p/no PFGS CB500F)

The image you show on your web site is an NE branded set BUT want you sent me was NOT Ne branded it was just in plain card packaging

Now there is known issue with aftermarket head gaskets and O rings where some aftermarket gaskets are thicker than the OEM gasket p/no 12251374306.

Where this is the case the O rings do not seal properly and there is Oil seepage from the head and I know this is not an issue with NE branded products.

Can you advise either of the below

1.   Is what you supplied NE branded
2.   Can you measure  the thickness of the OEM gasket (I see you have stock)
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: DSS customer (or not) Service
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »
or....according to the consumer rights act 2015 ( replaced the old Sale of Goods act )

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Public/Campaigns/cra/ConsumerRightsSummary-GoodsOL.pdf

The goods should be as described, fit for purpose and of a satisfactory quality. If they advertise NE branded goods, and then sel la cheaper alternative..then the goods are not as described. You have asked for confirmation that they are of satisfactory quality and cited a known issue. They should clarify that..or you can just ask for a refund up to 14 days after the sale anyway. 

It gets more complex after you fit them...and they leak...as you would have to prove the gaskets were faulty, and that incorrect fitment was not to blame. Plus, of course, you would have to show the leaks developed within the required timescales. Which may not happen.
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:39:49 PM »
When I got some duff 350f exhausts from DSS it took 4 phone calls to get them to take them back and refund me. They wanted to put a credit on my account of nearly £1200. Cheeky sods.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:04:28 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »
When I got some duff 350f exhausts from DSS it took 4 phone calls to get them to take them back and refund me. They wanted to put a credit on my account of nearly £1200. Cheeky sods.

Different experience altogether with CMSNL who replaced a faulty LH exhaust after 2 years with no question or hassle, evens sent me a pre paid DHL sticker to send the old one back.

I'd use them all the time if I could in preference  but postage is always the issue from Netherlands
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 11:43:55 AM »
I wont repeat the sorry tale of the Riken rings I bought for my CB550K3 with the oil rings which DSS maintained fit my engine but of which the oil rails clearly didn't, but safe to say I have very little faith their customer service. I sent them the rings back with a piston and the barrels and asked them to try them out in the bore but they said they didn't have a ring compressor and maintained that with a ring compressor they would fit. Absolutely crass. t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

Davelu88

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
I bought a set of 550 K1 Exhausts from DSS and found that the joining pipes at the end of exhausts  where the sealing rings go on were to short  due to the welds rising up the pipe making the sealing ring not seat properly, despite numerous emails and photos sent to DSS they failed to acknowledge a problem and then just stopped answering emails & although i solved the problem myself  my experience is their customer service is shocking .

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:16:11 PM »
I had some faulty condensers from DS last year, much less money involved than exhausts I know, but the customer service was great, I got a replacement straight away no argument..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal