Author Topic: Replacement Honda Exhausts  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Replacement Honda Exhausts
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »
Hi All,

Just been out in the garage taking a few bits off the K1. I will be doing a few jobs over the winter, to make the old girl a bit prettier.

Anyway, I took off the new (by previous owner) 4 into 4 system (from David Silver) and was amazed at the quality. The chrome plating was crap. Large aras did not look as if they had much if any plating in the areas that do not get seen.

I was a bit dissapointed to see this. I wondered if this was a rogue set or are they all like this.

I will have to make sure that they stay dry and clean if they are to last a reasonable time

Thoughts welcome

Cheers

Seamus

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Honda Exhausts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:56:08 AM »
Dont shout too loud, having talked to Dave the answer is at least Honda still make em---complain too much about quality and instead of improving they have a tendency to obsolete

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:27:33 PM »
I understand what you are saying and am glad that they can still be sourced, but for almost

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
Honda only ever put "show" quality where it could be seen----look at the finish on the unseen parts of the rear brake pedal and rear mudguard

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 11:12:58 PM »
Unfortunately my experience with Honda's is limited to later models. My SP2 was a work of art wherever you looked. But having said that, my youth relates to the older ones, hence the purchase of the K1. Not a flash in the pan as I have just finished the restoration and sale of a Triumph Bonneville.
I think I enjoyed the work as much as riding the finished thing. It was sold for other reasons and the funds became available for the next toy, the K1.
Still to be fair the exhausts for the triumph were very good quality. Whole new learning curve then....
Thanks again for the info, greatly appreciated.
Hopefully the K1 will look nice when its finished

Cheers

Seamus

Offline scotia_steve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 08:44:03 AM »
Mine cost

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »
Hi Steve,

Did you get them to seal properly at the cylinder head?

Mine were blowing a bit when I get the bike.

Cheers

Seamus

PS, That's a very nice bike you have. Did you get it via Ebay??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal