Author Topic: Brake lever action - popping feeling, or rough spot  (Read 440 times)

Offline zebedee85

• View Profile
Brake lever action - popping feeling, or rough spot
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »
Hi folks - long time but I need help again!

I noticed that pulling in the brake lever there was initial resistance then normal firm action, as if there was a rough spot or an unlubed bit. This is noticeable if I pump the lever at standstill, but less so if I apply the brake very smoothly or if I brake hard then release then brake again. It is almost as if there is a little bubble or something but I have bled the system a million times now. It feels like there is a bit of resistance somewhere in the system.

I'm reasonably sure it developed during my last journey, but the last thing before that was whipping part of the front end off to repair the indicator stalk/headlight holder.

I have so far changed the master cylinder assembly for a new one from another working bike, removed and cleaned the piston, cleaned and lubed the pivot, changed the pads but no joy. Anyone had this issue and fixed it? Any clues?

thanks all!

Offline zebedee85

• View Profile
Re: Brake lever action - popping feeling, or rough spot
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:17:24 PM »
After all that, squeezing the lever right back, waiting, then doing it again a few times has seemingly got rid of it. Test ride ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal