Author Topic: Kehin floatbowl spring clip  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Skunkmiester

• View Profile
Kehin floatbowl spring clip
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
Well I'm most of the way through polishing my carbs and had a small propblem.

Whilst doing the spring clips that swing round and secure floatbowls to the bottom of the carbs, one dug into the buffing wheel and 'twang' straight across the garage.

Can I find it? Can I hell. I have looked everywhere.

So does anyone have one that I can buy please?

Not worried about condition as they clean up very nice with coke cola and a good buffing wheel.

Cheers

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Kehin floatbowl spring clip
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:09:05 PM »
Have you tried Dave Silver? Usually very good.

Interested on the carb polishing exercise, what are you using? A Dremmel and bobbins?

I hope to be doing a bit of polishing of my own over the winter.

Cheers

Seamus

Offline Skunkmiester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
Hi,
I soaked the dissasembled carbs and main parts in coke-Cola for 24 hours which made the scum and petrol varnish easy to remove.

With Wynns spray carb cleaner I cleaned everything up and dried off.

Then used a bench grinder with buffing wheel and polishing soap to buff the top and prominent parts of the carb bosy, carb screw cap and plate, spring clips and float bowl.

Then used a dremel and small felt bobbins to polish up the difficult to get to parts on the carb body and finish the float bowls.

Finally use the Wynns spray cleaner to remove any ingrained soap and dry with clean cloth.

I have yet to find a small enough bobbin to finish the carb bodies properly.

Once that is done I'll spray through all the jets with carb cleaner and reassemble.

It's a long process but rewarding, although keeping the carbs polished will be a pain. May be best to just do the cap and float bowl and just keep the bodies clean instead of polish them.

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
If David silver is a no show try cmsnl in Holland they have a fairly good stock. What do you think to spraying a coat of lacqeur on the carb bodies to keep the shine? Honda used to do that a lot in the early days with lots of bits and peices. Gets a bit tired eventually but you just strip it off and redo.
Go on you know you want to

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 11:25:34 PM »
Impressed by the dedication to get the finish that you want. Still that is what it takes to meke them look really good. The devil is in the detail.
Need to do similar things to my K1.

You have a nice looking bike, so I can understand the attention to detail

Thanks for the info and good luck with the parts hunting. I guess that you are a regular Ebay trawler (like me)

Cheers

Seamus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal