Author Topic: Kiwi in London  (Read 2101 times)

uncannyjack

Kiwi in London
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »
Hello chaps!

I'm a NZer whose been living in London for the last 5 years. I just bought myself a beautiful 1979 CB550/4 Supersport, pics are below. I was very happy to find this forum as I hope I can meet some other classic enthusiasts in Blighty and maybe do some touring - especially when it starts getting warmer.

Attached are some pics of my bike below. Is there anyone else in London?

Harrison (uncannyjack)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Kiwi in London
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:41:08 AM »
Hello mate.

There are quite a few of us around the area. Where in London?

Q: I'm looking for a set of original rear shocks for my minter F2, if you want to go touring, how about a swap for my Hagon rear shocks (they are much better for handling but not original  8))

Do you ever get out to the Ace Cafe?  Box Hill?  Newlands Corner?  Oakdene Cafe?

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

uncannyjack

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:03:06 AM »
Wotcher Steve,

Haven't been out to the Ace Cafe yet, but keep meaning to go to one of their newbs in London events. I'm based in North London at the moment - around Archway/Highgate. Is anyone heading out there or one of the other places at any point soon?

I'll need to think about the shocks, but to be honest with you, I don't know if I want to get straight in to changing the shocks over before I know how to change the oil!  ;D. Kidding, (kind of). I mean I'm a newbie at maintainence and am wary of taking the bike apart at this stage. But for long trips, of course, the more I know about maintainance the better.

yeah - definately keen to do some touring. My Dad is coming over from NZ in May, we're keen to ake a couple of bikes and hop the ferry to Ireland to visit some friends. He rides a new, but classic looking Kawasaki W650 in New Zealand (some great riding there), but I'll be trying to hire something for his trip.

Your bike looks great by the way.

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:52:44 PM »
Greetings Harrison and welcome to the board.

I've got one of them...

Dave
Melbourne.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
I'm afraid I'm many miles from London, up in the picturesque hills of mid Wales. If you do come up here touring and end up needing shed time or parts or just a cuppa, feel free to drop by, I've a few cb's, nothing as shiny as yours but then on a farm nothing would stay looking that good. Mine get used as daily riders all winter.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

uncannyjack

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
Thanks Dave and Matthew for the welcome,

I like the look of your bike Dave! Very nice...

I would love to come to North Wales sometime Matthew, I'll think Dad and I might be heading there on the way to Ireland, we'll take you up on that cup of tea!

Harrison

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal