Author Topic: Knowledgable mechanic or Garage in London for my CB550F  (Read 776 times)

Offline alessandro

• View Profile
Knowledgable mechanic or Garage in London for my CB550F
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:43:07 AM »
Hi guys,
Last year I bough my first CB550. I though it would have been a dream but sadly I have had a lot of mechanical and electrical problems. I went to two different garages that basically robbed me taking advantage that I am not an expert and at the end of the day I have spent a lot of money for nothing. I still have a bike that I like but it’s not reliable as it broke down too many times leaving me in the middle of the road.

Do you know a great garage or mechanic in London that can have a thorough look at my bike?

Thanks in advance!

Ale

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: Knowledgable mechanic or Garage in London for my CB550F
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Not from London so don't know any good ones, but avoid Rick Proops at RAPSuperbikes or you will get ripped off again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »
If you can get it to Gloucester i will have a go for tou

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
Bryan you must have fingers like sausages, your forever pressing the key next to the one your supposed to be pressing  :) :) :) :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Good at cooking though.

Or "hood at looking"  ;D

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 01:30:37 PM »
Bryan you must have fingers like sausages, your forever pressing the key next to the one your supposed to be pressing  :) :) :) :)
Is it that...or did he leave out the 'h' after reading Shakespeare?

Offline bobv7

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:20 PM »
Really depends where about you are in London...it's a bloody big place. I know a mechanic who is a legend for his work on Moto Guzzi but easily has the skills to work on any other bike. Try calling ‭07536 116176‬ and don't be put off if he's a bit short with you 'cos he's like that with everyone until he goes to know you!

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 02:56:06 PM »
My advice: find someone who knows these bikes, pro or amateur. Most of the professionals are pensionados now. But knowledge of the typical things is crucial. I once was given advice by a Guzzi mec. In itself the advice was OK (generic), it just did not apply to our type of carburetors, I found out later. Someone that is familiar with your bike, can estimate what is likely and what not. It is the same with manuals. Lots of stuf is generic, in other words: copy and paste from other manuals. Many who read them, are so eager to tinker with their bikes that they unscrew things just because it is in the manual, not realising that a professional mec who has seen dozens and dozens of these bikes in his workshop could have told them that he never saw that particular problem occur on a CB550 and also the opposite ofcourse.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 03:26:42 PM »
In my defence i had just finished a 14 hour shift (damn tescos) and was on my dumbfone using a stylus-----no spellchucker on her!!@

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal