Author Topic: CLASSIC BIKE MAG LOOKING FOR 1969 CB750 TO USE IN ROAD TEST  (Read 2921 times)

Offline araispeed

• View Profile
Hi

Do you own a 1969 CB750? If so, Classic Bike magazine would like to hear from you. We're looking for a standard, tidy '69 CB750 to ride for a road test and photoshoot. We always treat test bikes with the upmost respect, and we're fully insured. If you'd like to see your bike in print please contact CB's Deputy Editor Jim Moore at jim.moore@bauermedia.co.uk or by ringing 01733 468043.

Thanks.

Jim

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: CLASSIC BIKE MAG LOOKING FOR 1969 CB750 TO USE IN ROAD TEST
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi Jim.

Eamon (CB750CafeRacer on this forum) is a bit internet-challenged at the moment but I understand that he's been in touch.

Steve

PS - when you get around to 1979, I have a mint CB900FZ in blue.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Online steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 12:36:19 AM »
 and there's me thinking they did not come too the u .k .until jan 1970 and what do i know i only got four 1970 k0  models ,perhaps next year they might give me a bell too test ride mine and they can bugger off,they'd be lucky i don't see any money on offer ,they know where they can shove their insurance they wanna ride a 1969 CB750 perhaps they should buy one like we gotta , maybe this should be posted on the main sohc site plenty of sandcasts  in the good old  USA if they can afford the airfare lol

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:00:40 AM »
Hmm that sounded a bit harsh!! I suppose what Jim means is a 1969 MANUFACTURE. Mine is being rebuilt as we speak, so definitely not test rideable but it was one of the first UK ones and I have traced the frame date to around 10/69.-- CB750-101038*

I sent you details of it anyway Jim for interest via email.

I am new to this forum but have posted quite a bit on the US version (only just found this one exists!!!)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:49:30 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
Was a bit on the harsh side methinks, Jim's magazine is a good read and relies on being able to test ride a variety of machines to keep up the variety in the magazine, there being little point in a bike magazine in which the bikes are not tested, that would mean buying 7 o8 bikes a month and would make the cover price massive, result no magazine. Sadly I've not got a cb750 of any age to lend and no bikes at all of a standard that magazines would want to test ride, unless theres a test of cb500 sidecar combos planned where 'Patina' isn't a put off- m bike is unrestored and currently unoriginal -550 motor and carbs whilst the 160 000 mile motor awaits rebuild.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Online steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »
 ;) no offence intended but i had been on the wobbly water so i did have my sarcastic head on that night ,nothing i like better than a few cans of stella while tinkering with my bikes  :)
         on reflection yes it does sound a little harsh, but a very good mate of mine did lend one of his bikes to a well known custom bike magazine, and they really went too town on it, they scrapped the pegs and exhaust,he wasn't very happy with how they had used the bike, as he thought it was just for a photo shoot, their reply was well we wanna ride  em as well .at the end of the day if people are happy too give their pride and joy too a complete stranger to race up and down the countryside then no problem,but i have spent too much time and money on my CB750's,and i would never do it ,even if they did offer money up front   :-\
      and anyway there is nothing they can tell us that we don't already know and have heard it all before . we know what they are like to ride because own and do ride them ,and we can get all the info we need right here and other web sites just like this forum , i don't buy magazines any more simply because of this .i just think how times have changed they call em now "the first superbike" why because they want sell mags and make loads of money ,what ever happened to all the "jap crap" and "rice burners"  ;D we got em

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
The photo shoot was today in the Cotswolds.

Eamon and I went with his '69 CB750 - it's a US "K0" - about 300 off a sandcast.

Also there were a lovely white Mach III 500 Kwack and a beautiful US-spec Triumph Trident.

The three bikes were photographed in various places and with some dynamic shots on sharp bends.

The guys at Classic Bike don't screw around with people's treasured bikes and are very careful.

Check out the next issue!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal