Author Topic: Bulletin Collection nabbed off a guy on Facebook  (Read 535 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Bulletin Collection nabbed off a guy on Facebook
« on: May 11, 2020, 07:48:03 AM »
Someone posted a link to big file of a scanned collections of Honda  Service Bulletins on FB yesterday .... so I downloaded the file and put in my Dropbox.

I know we have a fairly comprehensive set of CB750 & CB500/550 ones scanned on here in my Dropxox links which came from BryanJ but some on other models I have never seen before  ........for example these is one on Honda  exhaust studs.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here is my dropbox link:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2frhyulrq2wyo7o/Bulletins%201-129%20%28incomplete%29.pdf?dl=0

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Bulletin Collection nabbed off a guy on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
Interesting concept with the studs. Have a 400 F to mess with and some studs broken.

Thanks

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:52:39 AM »
Ash, there are two books, one Service Bulletins the other Service Letters or something like. You have got one of them from me and i still have the other here(somewhere)

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:28:40 AM »
The self-tapping studs are for a new head casting. Once fitted, the threads will have been formed in the soft alloy.
If studs have broken off, then you have the remains of the steel stud to remove...very carefully! I don't reckon self-tapping studs would work in an old head if there is any of the old steel thread remaining in there.
Stating the obvious to many I know, but it might stop someone making a mistake. ☺
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Somewhat relevant, though a lot of my work isn't on forums like this where originality and excellent work is preferred.

On my CB and CD175's I used to replace exhaust studs that had stripped out with 1/4" BSF studs, being 26tpi they are very near to M6 pitch, but being 6.35mm would cut into the head to form a strong fix. (1/4" cycle thread works the same - 26tpi)

And on a race bike I spanner on we regularly pull head studs out of the crankcase and need a quick repair to get back out for another qualifier or race. I carry spare modified studs - weld up an M10 old stud, machine it to 10.7mm, then machine a taper thread tapering down to 10.0mm, this can be fitted using two nuts.
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal