Author Topic: Carb needles  (Read 429 times)

Offline Safo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Carb needles
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
Hi all, just rebuilding the wife's 500 carbs after sonic clean, 4x keyster kits, in a dilemma already, needles removed are stamped 272304 and clips on no. 4 grove, no identity on the tubes, keyster needles stamped D 26 is this just keysters no. and they are the same or are they two different needles, I've fitted one with the clip on the middle groove as is usually the norm but decided to ask for comments before going further
Thanks in advance

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Carb needles
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »
Bin the keyster brass bits and reuse the original cleaned, Honda stuff, 500's clip is normally in the middle with 100 mains and I think 38 pilots.
The keyster stuff is notoriously off spec especially the taper and size on the needles, check out Hondamans comments on the US board,
If they leak I might use the float needles and seats from the kits plus gaskets and O rings but not the rest

Offline Safo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Carb needles
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 04:54:17 PM »
Thanks, guys I would say the only thing wrong was the main jet o rings, so I will use the keyster ones, and the keyster float valves, as i accidentally mixed up the ones I removed, I will learn one day to research more before buying, got me fingers burnt with the pattern intake rubbers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal